Hard time choosing RE subs

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 148
( please try to answer as many of my questions )OK, I'm selling my 15" x.x.x.(dual 4 ohm) in a SS box to my brother in law to replace his 13W7. I'm having trouble choosing between 18" x.x.x. and a 15" or 18" MT. Is there a big diff. in sound output between the two ? Also, I was running my 15 x.x.x with an Infinity 1210a(1200 w rms x 1 @ 2 ohms) and it made that x.x.x. move!, (a lot better than hifonics 1500 & 2500 and mtx 1501 amps). Will this be enough for an MT? I've heard that they require a lot more juice.I'm leaning more towards an 18" x.x.x. just because I've owned this 15" x.x.x. and nothing has come close to it so far.what do you guys think ?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 446
yeh there a big differencein output. BUt 1200w's for and MT wont cut it. You need at least 2000. Yeh so i would go with the 18 X.X.X

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 151
will the MT sound pretty much the same as the X.X.X.? just a lot louder, yeah?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 324
The MT won't have as great of SQ as the X.X.X, more so at higher levels. It'll definately put out high decibel levels though. Probably a considerable amount more than the X.X.X.
I have a 12" X.X.X, in a sealed box no less. It gets loud. So I could only imagine how loud one of those MTs get since they are specifically designed for SPL.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 449
NO THE MT will sound nothing like the X.X.X in sq.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 153
thanks. I;m going with 18" x.x.x.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 455
yeh thats an swesome sub

Silver Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 130
Why in the hell would he run a 15" triple X over a 13W7? If its not loud enough for him he can always add more power. Somebody is smokin some white sh!t over there.....

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1799
umm, id take the x.x.x as well

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 224
Same here... x.x.x over the 13w7

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 156
Chief, look up the thread " 12" titanium vs 12" w7 or W6v2" and read my post and you'll find out why he wants to replace his W7. By the way I got nothing against W7"s. awesome subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us