Happy Easter!, read please... cause it really wasent

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 39
Hey guys hows it going!, guess what i got for easter?. i got a new amp and custom fiberglass work done to my car for my subs, it looks amazing... well... looked..... at about 3:00 am, sum1 decident to give me another gift and STEAL ALL OF IT... My deck, 2amps, 4 subs, 15inch lcd screen. xbox and even my damn fuse case man... they clipped my darn security from underneith my car, with btw im suing the company for bad installation, but only for the dmg and a new secutiry system, still means i lost over 7000$.. yea sucks pretty bad, i just finished it all, and now im back to where i began, year and a half of work (about 12000$ at IGA), and now i got nothin.. what a day...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2034
man that is a sad sad story man hope you get who did it although I doubt it. Best bet is to check your local pawn shops and notify them of the theft they are usually pretty cool if they decide to sell it to them they normally will call the cops and let them know. Just an idea!

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
yea man, forsure, the cop told me to do that, so im gunna be checkin all the local stuff. and also if any1 buys a system with my subs, i will know, i got my nickname (Pharoh) enscribed on both of them, and my Box, in white grafittty, its sick, so i dont think they will turn up anywhere close to home :-( boo, lol

Silver Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 125
what equipment did you have?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 261
that sucks dude how secure did u have the box down?? if u could.. explain the setup a lil but so we know how the fckers stole it and we might be able to avoid it . btw u didnt by any chance have the special insurance for all the equipment did u?

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 41
Sony CDXM9905X MP3 CD HU
4 12" Hollywoods (2200 RMS EA)
2 2100x2 RMS 2-Channel Hollywood Amps
2 Kappa Perfect 5.1 (in Front)
I got a guy from my custom shop to fit in my layout for my back. They are called, Vampire

Man, it was awsome cause my system shook your house when i was like 500 meters away i could hear the plates rattling in my kitchen cuberts

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 42
i was purchasing the theft insurance this coming thursday when i got paid, and my box was a custom layout for the 2 subs, and the other 2 subs were in a bassworx 12 inch box, it looked awsome cayse my car is a 96 grand am, white, with all black and blue lights, ugh, i cant even talk about it right now lol, makes me rage. I was told if i do it again, to secure the box with sum heavy duty L Brackets right into the base of my car trunk

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 43
all i have to say, is if you put more than 7 g's in ur system alone, park it inside, or learn the hard way...

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1757
i feel soooo bad for you, i didnt expect someone in canada to steal somen

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 262
L brackets with screws or bolts? i know in mine im going to have internal bolts going through the inside of the box with washers.. if u had external bolts u should have rounded them...man the installers must have half assed the security part of it .. a custom box should be pretty damn hard to steal...

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 26
Damn man...i've got nothin close to that in my car and id still be pissed if someone stole my Punch Z, haha...yea, i know...dont laugh at it, the V-Max's come next week.

Id say sue the hell out of the installation store, haha
some of them are pretty scammy. We've got a "high end" one in our town that's pretty cheezy. They installed my friends two 1000.1 amps with like 16gauge wire and just put in a 1.5farad cap. Luckily, he saw it right away and told them what he wanted, and how he wanted it done and he got it re-done for free.

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 44
yea man, well what happend was its Built into my trunk, so they cut out the subs with sheet metal snips, cause the left the damn things in the back of my car, and they also left a flashlight, the cops wont fingerprint either... what BS, but he told me to use a locknut and round them when im finished, that way the only way to get the box is to use a metal cuter. Alot of people in my town are freakin out and i dont trust any1 now cause it had to have been one of the people i new, cause they new my security, i duno, it sucks, but we all learn from out mistakes, just passing on the word so u dont have to like i did

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 45
i remeber when my P1 got stolen dude, i raged, it was like my first sub u no what i mean, i won a few local competitions in the past few months but i woulda mounted my first sub on my wall haha, like a throphy, i had a party and sum1 decided to take my "blown", de coiled sub... hope they are happy, but i raged, lol, now just sucks

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 46
i remeber when my P1 got stolen dude, i raged, it was like my first sub u no what i mean, i won a few local competitions in the past few months but i woulda mounted my first sub on my wall haha, like a throphy, i had a party and sum1 decided to take my "blown", de coiled sub... hope they are happy, but i raged, lol, now just sucks my mom works for the local newpaper, so shes writin up stuff about it, haha, i made the papers by winnin and baseball, but never for getting stuff stolen from

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1761
dude pharoh, did u consider it could have been the guys who installed it

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 610
I agree with sub, thats an inside job. They hit it the right after you finished it, and happened to have metal cutters. Then they new exactly what wires to cut in order to disable your alarm. $100 says it was one of the installers or one of his friends.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 264
thats kind if fishy.. so ur saying they cut the accual fg box with sheet metal clippers those heavy duty snips? thats what im understanding and if so thats fucked cause a fibreglass box SHOULD be like 6 layers thick - over half inch and theres no way in hell u could clip that with anything...

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 265
thats kind if fishy.. so ur saying they cut the accual fg box with sheet metal clippers those heavy duty snips? thats what im understanding and if so thats fcked cause a fibreglass box SHOULD be like 6 layers thick - over half inch and theres no way in hell u could clip that with anything...

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 149
I just want to throw in some tips for those of you who have to rely on those "crooked" shops ( wich there are a lot of ) The frist thing you have to, and thats as soon as you drive out of the shop, your first stop should be at a home depot or your local hardware store. Find the same size of every bolt used for your installation ( bolts used to secure subs,amps,box,caps,etc.)same size but diff heads. "star" shaped heads( not phillips) are very uncommon and so are the "BIG" head allen screws.this will send, even your local shop, home empty handed.You will diff. have to secure everything,sub box, amps, etc., if not already secured.This is better than rounding of your bolts because then even you will have a hard time trying to remove 'em. I have star head screws all around my ride,6 "L" brackets,1/2 " thick, around my sub boxI also have a louvered(for cooling), mild steel cover over my amps, also secured with star screws. True story, I blew my fuse on my distribution block once,so I stopped at a audio shop,bought one, and asked if I could borrow their tools to remove the cover over my cap and block, and guess what, no tool for my screws. Hardly anybody uses them so many don't even know they're available. I hope this was helpful and I feel your pain Pharoh.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 445
Yeh i would bet money it was the shop who did it because they are probably the only people who really had the time to study your car and know how to clip the security wire and take the subs and amp so quick. And just a thought maybe they didnt layer the fiberglass the box 6 times because they knew it would be easier to take if it wasnt. I ad a friend same thing happened to. He had a whole jl audio system with a alpine deck. Had the body restaored, and a 2000 dollar candy coated paint job. And the shop where he was getting all this done so he went to go pick it up at night time but the shop manager said no we have to do some finshing touches but the car was completely done everything was perfect they even washed and waxed the car already. But he wouldnt let the car go. so we left and the next morning the shop manager alled and said the car was stolen out the shop and he was very sorry. So OMG this man went crazy. He just spent 20,000 in doing all this. He went crazy. But after a few days he settled down and started to thinking where the hell that car could be, and then he remembered that the shop owner had the original set of keys to the car. So he went to the shop adn askewd for teh key to the car, and guess what the man said, " We misplaced the key". Si my frined got hot he started to throw the shop manager around. After they closed he hid back and followe the man home, and once he got ther he got raged over i dont knww what but he started to throw him up against walls. and he told the man if he doesn't pay him back all the money he spent plus the money for the car, he'll be back. So yes indeedy the next day at teh shop the man payed him all the money he spent and said he was so sorry and to make it up when he gets a new car to come back and he'll give him a discount. We started cracking up, well i did, my friend wasnt. He took it as an insult but this time he didnt hit the man. Well he was btu i stopped him and we left.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 335
If any thing of mine got stolen and I found out who id have there legs broken.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 794
Hmmmmm...... I woulda just called the police.

Messin with people like that is a good way to get yourself shot.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 336
yeah thats true...

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 47
no man, messin with my crap will get you shot... lol, if i find out who did it, obveusly sum1 i no and an iside job... im bgingin my cousins down from ottawa, they allready said they were comin down when i told them but i said wait till i find out who it was lol. O well.. im good now, im just hoping i end up finding out who it was cause if not im breaking into the shop that i got my work done at. and when they cut through the fiberglass i also notices when u said it should be lke 6 layers, its only 4, so i no this could be an inside job or else they jipped me. Either way they are paying for it. And im gunna get my buddy to break in the shop and look around for me. He doesit all the time, lol

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 48
Word of advice!, Make sure you have security system and your stuff is well secured to your vehicle if you are spending money in interior accesories and sound system. Dont learn the hard way guys. it sucks

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 87
You guys are analyzing to much, it was tum tum the crackhead down the street, that jacked his $hit...LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us