Whats louder?

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 165
I got a friend who just bought two 12" JL W3's (not W3v2) and two Alpine Type-R's (the old ones). they are paired in sealed boxes in the back of his Explorer. He has them facing each other and only the JL's are powered by an MTX amp, not sure which amp tho. the Type-R's vibrate off the JL's tho for a litttle extra air movement I guess.

Anyways, While SQ is more important to me could a 12" RE X.X.X be louder than his setup. Mine would be powered by a Hifonics BX1605D in a ported enclosure at 35Hz in a Mazda MX6. I just wanna know if I can beat him out or not?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1833
Honestly, nobody can say man. Maybe, idk. No offense but I'm getting a little tired of people comparing close setups thinking we know like exact decibel readings these subs hit or something. It depends on the enclosures and the cars, so all I can say is to have the stuff metered. If anybody try's to guess which is louder than they are just talking out their @ss trying to sound smart.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 433
ye hthere is no wayy to tell but, you have the potential to beat him if your box is built correctly.

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 169
okay, thats cool sry Joe i dint mean to make u mad, i dont really care b/c im in it 4 the SQ ,ore than the SPL, i was just wonderin.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1838
I'm not mad, lol. I would honestly guess that your setup would be better, but don't quote me or anything.

madfatchickfvcker
Unregistered guest
dont listen to joe, youll hit around 160 dbs with that setup. joe just doesnt know and likes little men

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1840
Omg. I'm not even gonna argue with that retard. RDS, it should be loud, but your not gonna hit 160 with it.

PALMILA HANDERSON
Unregistered guest
im joes best friend, we see each other everynight.

PALMILA HANDERSON
Unregistered guest
im joes best friend, we see each other everynight.

madfatchickfvcker
Unregistered guest
oh my lil cun.t cookie. i love you:-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2026
Hunter you little b@stard! lol! thats some funny sh!t. I agree with Joe but if I were to GUESS which would be louder it would be yours, but it all depends on your set-up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us