Wiring configurations

Bronze Member
Username: Colinjay18

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 32
i had a local shop install my triple x a few weeks ago. my amp is an alphasonik 1200d, 1200w @ 4ohms, 2400w @ 1 ohm. i told them to wire it at 4ohms and they didn't. i just now found out because i had to take everything out to replace my fuelpump. now it has 18 hours on it at 2400w. should i change it to 4ohms or leave it how they wired it? i sounded really good and i only had the gain about 1/4 the way up. do ya'll think it is even getting 2400?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1650
i would wire it down to 1200 watts

Unregistered guest
geez subfrantic ur busy runnin around here must be hard, but how do i wire up my hedset? i got whole bunch of wires and i dont know how to hook them up, if i just stick the wire in hope it works thing that could take a LONG time and i know i need to put sum wires together and all that but i dont know how. what do i do?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1653
find a wiring diagram on the net for your HU, if you cant call the comipany and they will send you anything you need prolly, you have the harness yet?

Unregistered guest
i got every thing it came with, my brother out it into my dads truck, the metal thing it goes into the dash with, the plastic clip all the wires go into and plug into the hu butnow i jst need to know how

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1654
how what?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 401
yeh i would wire it down to 1200 watts becasuse 2400 is a bit much for a X.X.X for daily driving. but is that amp 1200 watts peak or 1200watt rms.

Unregistered guest
what wires go where. holy, i almost just died, i was tryin to get the red light on in a 120 watt equalizer by outting the wires into a house outlet that was a bad idea, sparks and stuff was every where. im a dumb 1

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1655
i figured that allready lol, but idk where the wires go, lol im not there, lol sorry

Unregistered guest
ill have to get my brother to do it when he comes down, he seems pretty good at it. if i hook subs by tapping into the stock speaker wires would that be bad idea? i plan on adding amps too, i was the 1 kid about a month ago asking about my 2 pyramid 15"s i found out how many watts there were when my boxes fell apart today they'r both 300 watts and from waht i heard i think mi gonna need either 2 400 watt amp or 1 800 watt correct?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1659
sure if you want to lol, but yea that would be a bad idea

Unregistered guest
than where do i hook the subs up to so its not bad? and wile my boxes have the front off them would it be a good idea to seal them from the inside with coking or sumthing, they leak real bad and what are the ait holes for?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1670
your sentences confuse me too much

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2003
hey 7733 you sound like you have bigger problems than you know what to deal with! I would go to your local shop and have it be done with.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1674
yea dude have someone perfecional do it

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2004
hey jeremiah are you sure that amp is 1ohm mono stable? I seriously doubt you are getting anywhere near 2400 watts prob more like 1600 so it should be perfect. If it sounds good ant that amp is stable leave it alone.

Unregistered guest
sorry ill refraise it.... i want to hook up my subs so its not bad because u sed its bad to hook them up to the stock speakers. what are air holes for in a sub box? my boxes broke today wile trying to pull them out of the trunk im planning on getting smaller boxes should i seal the boxes with cocking on the inside so they are air tight?

Unregistered guest
i would but the car isnt in great runno conditon yet so im workin on it

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1678
umm, i would wait to do that all then

Unregistered guest
it runs great i mean its not road worthy, needs 3 tires and a fender and then need c test but i dont have the money for it, my dads gonna help me out witht hat i have been just looking for cheap used things around for a system

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2010
"what are air holes for in a sub box? my boxes broke today wile trying to pull them out of the trunk im planning on getting smaller boxes should i seal the boxes with cocking on the inside so they are air tight? "
OK are your boxes sealed or ported? If ported then you really cant seal it up nor should you try. Every sub has a recomended box size that will make the sub play its best. You shouldnt just go drop any sub in any box and turn it up you can over extend it and fry it easily with little power. How did your box break today what kind of box was it? did you drop it? man I would go to circuit city and buy a pre fabbed box unless you feel that you can build one yourself. What kind of sub is it? Sealed boxes are te easiest to build and have the most room for error. You are going to need to buy an amp but without knowing what kind of sub or how many I cant recomend that to you. Once you have what you need we will walk you through the propper installation if you get that far. I would recomend a tape or cd player with RCA pre outs as well.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1685
if you get the tape player i would suggest also getting an epicenter

Unregistered guest
my subs are 2 15"s pyramids 300 watts. i pulled the front off 1 when it was wedged in the trunk, i pulled from an air hole and it came apart easily. my boxes are big and nailed together. i got the subs and boxes together from sum 1 that didnt want them. i need to make them smaller to fit in the trunk. they leak real bad. they are made od wood and are solid with just 2 air holes in each box. curcuit city isnt around where i live i dont think. after i pulled the 1 front of i sed o well and went and oulled the other 1 off so now i just have 2 subs in 2 peices of wood in the trunk at least they fit now and i dont have any amps yet and i am plannin to get a HU cd player put in sum time soon after i get sum to put ot in for me.

Unregistered guest
i dont want a tape player, i use a casset disk adapter with mp3 players and walkmesn it sounds like sh*t

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1693
that wat an epicenter does, it replaces the notes lost in transition from the copying process

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2016
well I guess SCREW not nail the front baffle's back on, take the speakers out without putting the screw driver through them, caulk the whole inside of the box,wait 24 hours before you put the speakers back in because the fumes from the caulk will eat away your foam surround until it is cured. next get a amp and a head unit as far as an amp goes I would recomend a 600 watt audiobahn or something cheap along those lnes cause those subs arent very good to begin with so it makes no sense in spending tons of money on a great amp that you wont be able to really hear how good it is also look into Alpine amps,JBL,MTX ect..... once you have evertything you need come back on and someone will 3walk you throught amp install's. good luck you sound like you need it.

Unregistered guest
and where do i get 1 of them for cheap?

Unregistered guest
thats alot of work

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2018
yup!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1701
ive herad of epicenters being about 75-150 bucks, i dont know though

Unregistered guest
but u said the box size matters... my subs fit the front of the box good but the boxes are very long i want to shortan them to fit them into a trunk because right now they dont fit any way.. to long to high and the only way they go in is facing up and then the trung doesnt close i cant go with any other sub unless i trade.. there was the stoner guy with a a complete box and 2 10's i think with carpet on the out sid and the class cover thing he sed he would trade good idea?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1702
you can change the dimensions of the box, just dont change the cubic feet

Unregistered guest
can i make the bok longer but not as high and the put both subs in it?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1704
yea if oyu want to

Unregistered guest
so then that would be 1 box size plus the othe equals the hole thing?

Bronze Member
Username: Colinjay18

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 33
yeah the amp is 1 ohm stable. it's been like that for three weeks and sounded great. i put it back in today at 4 ohms and had nowhere near the bass. i'm going to change it back tomorrow, i didn't think it was really 2400 watts. if its 1600 thats perfect. the one 15" in a sealed box seems twice as loud as my fosgate power hx2's. i had them in a ported box with the same amp at 1 ohm and there was still no comparison to the x.x.x

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2021
sounds good man:-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1713
yea keep it wired that way

Unregistered guest
hell with my subs im gonna trade them to a guy that knows nuthing and he thinks just cuz ther 15's there good and he will give me his 2 10's that are already good and dont need fixin that should be better............... is a kicker kx 600 a good amp?and why is pyramid and lagacy so bad?

Unregistered guest
im gonna get a 600 watt lagacy amp just cuz its very cheap

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1718
poor jerimiah, we totally fed up his thread lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us