One of my subs sounds like s-hi-t HELP!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Truckguy

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 23
mmmm ok so i got 2 10"subs and they were working great my life was GOOD but then one of them startd to sound really really bad ?some one told me to look and check maybe one of the wires in the sub got disconnected but i cheked and they were connected so now i dont know what to do its a bad sound i cant really explin the souund with words but it sounds bad any help or suggestion would be greatly appreachiated

Bronze Member

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 24
ok i think im solving my own problem i think the Santoprene Rubber Surround (the rubber above the cone) because i pressed it down and hold it and the bass sounded normal..but wen i released the cone it made a bad noise in every hit of the bass ...so now what does it mean i nead to replace the Santoprene Rubber Surround ...if any of u all have any suggestions or ideas feel free to give some advice

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 757
Has the surround separated from the cone or frame?

If not you probably have different problem like a misalligned voice coil or voice coil/cone/suspension separation.

Are you holding down the cone or the edge of the surround? If the surround has simply become unnattached you could probably just glue it back yourself, but don't expect it to stay put for long if you continue to run the subs hard.

Make sure you're not using too small of a box as well.

-Fishy

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Are they alpine type S's?

Bronze Member

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 25
naaa the surround has not separated from the cone..hmmmm I AM using a small box though maybe thats the problem

wats the other posibility misallligned voice coil cone or suspension??? sounds like i would have had to damage my speaker for that to happen and the speakers are a month old there new..

and nick- the speakers are not alpine there alpha sonik 200 seies (alphasonik.com)

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 762
Are you pushing on the cone or the surround(at the frame)?

Too small a box defintely ain't good if you're using a bunch of power. It seems you've been having a lot of problems with this setup. Why don't you tell us the amount of air space(or box dimensions) these things are playing in.

According to Alphasonik you need a minimum of .75 ft^3 each for the 210's.

-Fishy

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
check the spider see if its lifted or seperated from the voice coil.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us