Sub to replace L7...?help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Williamc

Post Number: 26
i want more sq out of my set up. i have 1 12'' l7 in a 3.25cu-ft ported box. it gets pretty loud. i was looking at easy sub swaps, and since i have a kicker 600.1 amp i was thinking a 12'' RE SE(600w rms) or a 12'' ED 12Ov.2. (600w rms). it would be in a ported encloser most likely. anyone know how they will compare to my l7? any other suggestions on subs with a 600wrms or two subs with around 300/350w rms.) im pretty new to this and need some advice. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 137
Well I dont know much about the RE SE, but a circle sub will definitely increase the SQ. Kicker Subs are made for SPL and aren't really geared towards SQ. How much money are you willing to spend. 2 JL W3v2's would be good. Off hand nothing else really comes to mind. Alpine's Type-Rs are good too, but compared to your L7 I don't know how they would be.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1598
william go with a 12 inch eclipse AL, make sure to get the 88100 series, they are at woofersetc.com at like 240 shipped i think, amazing aamazing sub

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1071
you could find an Orion HCCA 12 and run it with 600 watts, thats what i'm doing :-) :-) :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
the eclipse al. is a bit pricey, the two i sugg. are both under 200. is the eclipse worth the extra $$?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1708
id say, you can get an elacipse al 88100 for lioke 230

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
can i get the spl of my l7? im building a box for w/e sub i get so could this eclipse be put in a 1-2cu-ft sealed box and still reach it's max? ive never heard an eclipse sub so now u got me thinking, lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us