Jonathon!!! or anyone who can help, basslova, taylor, hunter, anyone!~!Joe wherever your a$$ is

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1520
ok guys ive contacted a few places about a new alt, and the biggest alt they make for my neon is a 150 amp alt, but im planning on running 4 hifonic brutus 1500d amps this summer when i save them up, im running them to a QVC 1 ohm 15 inch MT, this WILL be my daily driver sub when im driving to compete and stuff and when i go to school, ill have other subs by then for daily driver, dont ask how im getting the money lol but ill have it, and see they only make a 150 amp alt and thats alot of power to put on that alterantor, what can i do to make it so my car can handle that much power without killing my electrical system

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 112
Sub if your going to spend that much on amps.. i would first look into getting a custom built alternator. Maybe 150 amp is the biggest that will drop in without modifications.. but just stress the need for the more amperage.. you look at demo vehicles that have multiple amps and 4+subwoofers, they have to be running high amp alt's. Go to a mechanic and ask them the biggest drop in is 150amp and what would it cost and is it possible to install a bigger alt.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 113
calculate what amps you would need.. then look for something in that range. Since its a Neon look for something made for Dodge, ask them if they can custom install one thats made for another model... i know it can be done, its just finding the right person and being able to afford it.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
anyone know what kind of alternator a 91' jimmy has? and if you know, will it be able to run a w6-v2 powered by a 500/1?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1168
Don't know what size is on it... but 1 500/1 shouldn't kill it, but you prob won't have much growing room.:-)
Sub, you can have 4alterstart.com build a custom HO alt. Just hit them up and tell them you're problem and what you need and they should be able to do it. I'm guessing it won't be cheap either!:-)
It can be dun though.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1565
ok awesomem, and somethingredicilousihavetomakeup the 500/1 wont kill your electrical system, it only have a 47 amp draw

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
thanks alot man

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1567
no prob

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 138
I gotta be lookin for an alternator soon. How many amps should be figured in for your car? around 40, or does it depend on the options on the car or what? Its a 93 Mazda MX6

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1608
so guys, what size alt are you guys thinking?

Username: Shekei

Post Number: 8
nice MX6 thats the car im gonna buy. I love them

I wanna get a w7 with a 1000/1 JL I wonder if I need an alternator / or new one with it.

(mx-6) 1997

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1221
A 1000 watt amp usually uses around 100A. So take what ever size alternator is on it and subtract 100A from it and that's what you have to work with.
Example, say the stock alt is 150A alternator, the 1000/1 will need about 100A, so all you have is 50 to run you're light, and other amp, and so on.

Anonymous

get rid of that sh*ty neon and buy something good.
it is pathetic how people drive around crappy cars wasting their money on them when they should just save up and get a nicer car in the first place. It's like those ppl in P*mp My Ride who try to p*mp their ride, when they have nothing to p*mp in the first place. just my 2 cent. but hey at least you can rattle your neon and all the new crap fords around you into pieces with that tite sounding system. good luck w/ that.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 350
there's no need for that, dude. why dont you go on now and waste time somewhere else with your pointless negativity.

Bronze Member
Username: Chenzevy

Post Number: 43
i was wondering the same thing

people who have systems worth more than there cars is hilarious

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1845
Sub your gonna have to look into a custom alternator, or a custom bracket to fit more than one alternator. You wouldn't even be able to run 2 of those Hifonic's with a 150 amp alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2112
Sub have you tried 4alterstart.com? They should be able to make you a 200A alternator.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1765
yea i tried them, they havent emailed me back yet, and anon, just because im putting a system in this car doesnt mean its staying in that car, my mom doent want me to buy a new car, until i turn 21 when she will get me a nice new car, its going in here for NOW, not forever dumba$$, its a temporary car and the system is movable!

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 434
Just go to www.excessiveamperage.com . They are a better place period.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us