Hmm..Where are they?

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 129
Where can I go to find information on the Avalanche subs and the Atlas subs. I hear people talk about them but can never find them. Also due to the cutbacks on the Brahma I have been strongly considering the RE X.X.X, MMats Dreadnaut, and the JL W6v2. Whatever I get will more than likely be a 12" so if anyone has had any of these subs your thoughts would be helpful

And what do you all think about the new Brahmas, will those cutbacks make too much of a difference in their SPL/SQ? I like the Brahmas a lot but I still want the best SQL I can get for around these prices.

BTW, the main cutbacks for those who don't know is a 26mm Xmax (was 29), and a 2.5" voice coil (was 3")

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 340
www.ascendantaudio.com for the avalanches and atlas

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 130
Wow, those Avalanches are a lot cheaper than I thught. Are they really up there with those other subs I mentioned?

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 341
In spl the Re X.X.X would have the most spl out of the subs you mentioned above. The thing with the avalanche u said u wanted a 12" and i dont think they come in 12's yet. And yeh the are in the same league, but enen though the sq of a avalanche is great, i tihnk the w6 and the X.X.X would have better sq.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 131
Really. I noticed that there are 12" Avalanches, but they are not out yet. Would you know how much a X.X.X is because I contacted RE via email and I never got a price quote from them and I don't know where to find one. Anyways though I'm tryin to find the best combo of SQ and SPL and money.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 344
yeh i would recommend the X.X.X.'s to accomplish what you are looking for.

This is for their 2004 line-up

Resonant Engineering Pricelist
(note prices do not include shipping and handling charges)

RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or TripleX line to a quad voice coil configuration.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 133
Alright, thanks bass that fits perfect in my budget. One more question if I can from ya. Its not a huge deal because I know that the X.X.X is a top-of-line SQL sub, but whats your take on the materials they use for the cone? Pulp cone and Rubatek foam, usually you don't want those materials but I know that these subs are great and obviously the materials don't make them any worse. I was Just wondering

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 347
Yeh you'll be fine with those materials. they still last long,play hard and sound awesome. those materials are somewhat perfect for sql.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1493
bass, just wondering, but what would you think about doing a 15 inch Mt quad voice coils at 1 ohm and running 4 hifonics brutus 1500d amps to it?

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 350
That would be insanely nice. i cant wait to get my MT's. but your setup would get crazy loud. Is this going to be your daily car, or are you going to be daily driving and comps?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1500
it would be for comps, but for daily driving also if someone wants to do it street style, so i would only run it for like 2 hours or so daily like every once in awhile, im worried about the electrical part of it, but id prolly but a new eclipse al 88120 or somen to do daily driving this summer, but if i built a big ported box, how loud you thinking?

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 356
high high 140's - low or middle 150's easily with that much power.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1504
good, but then maybe i should, cause supposedly with my 15 Ti i could do the same in the 140's

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 359
wiat hol up mistake,lol with ae you asking what you're going to do with the al 88120 or the MT.lol if you're talkin about the al 88120 id say anywhere from high 130's- some where in the 140's

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1507
no im talking about the MT, the al will be my daily driver sub lol, since im selling my TI i just got lol but would it be better to save the money and Ti which will supposedly hit high 140's or go with the MT which will hit low 150's as you said, or just spend the extra money and go with the 18

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 362
im confused. lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1510
what

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 363
i didnt quite get what you were saying in the previous post.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1513
lol i would buy and run a 12 inch eclipse al for daily driving, but the MT would be used to comps, or to show some kid up at school who thinks his audiobahn will own anyone elses, then show them who knows what when it comes to car audio

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 366
oh ok, i went brain dead for a minute lol, the MT would murder just about any sub.You'll probably have 1 of the loudest system in probably any high school period in ky

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1526
haha, do you tink i should do this idea, or stick with the 15 Ti, but wow we def just fed up this guys thread

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 369
yeh we sure did..lol..but if i were you i would stick with the Ti until you get the MT and then you'll have a little room to breathe because you've accomplished your main goal which was to beef up your electric system, get the Mt and the amps to power it. Then once you do that you can change your daily driver sub, because the Daily driver sub you have now is fantastic.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
why is there no warranty on the MT...does it just blow alot or do they just not want to replace them all the time?

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 377
the reaason that there are no warranty on the MT's is because they are made strictly for spl comps. People at comps pours around 10,000w rms to that sub, and if i was them i wouldnt put a warranty on that sub because alotta people abuse it. Adn then plus another reason could be they didnt think that anybody would want a sub that loud for their daily driver car, and they tought only people in spl comps would buy it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1542
well what if i told them im buying it for daily driving, any chancei could convince them that i need a warranty lol

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 386
lol, but remember you want 2 run 6000watt rms to them for daily driving. lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1552
lol, for daily driving it would be 3000 watts rms, just 2 of the amps, do you know of any other cheaper alternatives to the 4 hifonics brutus 1500d's to get 6000 watts rms

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 388
lol, but remember you want 2 run 6000watt rms to them for daily driving. lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1553
nah 3000 rms, 6000 comp,...shhhhh thats a secret lol

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 389
oh lol.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1566
haha

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 135
Hey, your leavin me out of this. Bass said that subfan would have the loudest system period in KY. I will Sub not you. LOL jk w/ ya. that set up would put anything else to shame. I wish I could see the look on peoples faces when they hear that thing hittin. I think im just gonna stick w/ the X.X.X though. Probably get a Hifonics amp to drive it. Yesterday this page wouldnt load so I couldn't post.

My friend came in 4th at the Carl Casper Sub competition here in Louisville. He has 1 15" Brahma MKI. He also won best SQ overall set up. I still think SPL wise the MT destoys that though.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1593
yea RD, when were done with our setups we gota go on some trips together to some comps, were trying to get hooters up here to hold some

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 140
lol, alright but Im afraid you will always beat me with a set up like that. Its almost cheating lol. 1st you gotta get a custom alternator eveidently. when do think you will be done w/ your set up? I hope ill finish mine by like April I guess. It would be awesome If i get it done before spring break.

My car is getting new bodywork engine and brakes, the works right now so I wont get it until next week. After that though Im goin on an audio shopping spree, yes. Everything should be about 1700, im sure yours is gonna be a lot more than that tho lol.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1594
yea.....well right now im giong to keep the TI unless i can get it sold for a good price lol, but i might do a custom box for that, run an audiobahn A8000T or wahtever its called to it giving it 800 watts rms, then just run that FOR NOW and see how that works out, and then by the end of this summer before school hopefully have the other set up dont, gotta do it in steps, but im also considering just waiting for the prototype instead of the MT

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 144
Sounds good. That prototype should be pretty neat when it comes out. I bet that thing shoves like a mutha

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1603
haha i know, i still havent TOTALLY DECIDED on what to get, im pretty stuck on keeping the Ti, or the MT, but if i can i wanna be one of the first to get the prototype and use that, i bet its amazing, i just dont want to throw gobs of power at a sub like the MT, thats the only thing that keeps me away from that sub

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 148
I hear ya. Deciding on what to get is so hard. And once you decide you change your mind a few days later. At least for me it does.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1612
haha, exactly, i was totally set on the Ti, then other things went through my mind, im still not sure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us