Jonathan...or people with experience... and also subfanatic

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 215
hey guys im buyin subfan's eclipse Al 10 inch 88100DVC and i e-mailed eclipse for enclosure specs but they gave me helpful information but not the dimensions... i was wondering what an experienced person would reccomend for it

and subfanatic .. what were the dimensions of the box you had it it?

and just incase any1 can help with this... i also bought an Eclipse EQ .. the 21010 i really dont know what to tune it to or anything so should i just leave all the knobs in the middle until i get it tuned or would you reccomend certain setting that will sound good on all EQs but obviously wont be perfectly tuned ...

these are the EQ specs

Retractable Knobs for Easy Access to each Fader, Frequency, Level and Q Control and Precise Adjustment
Equalization Frequencies:
Parametric; 25100Hz
Graphic; 250Hz, 600Hz, 1.5kHz, 4kHz, 10kHz
NOB Rotary Encoder for Master Level Control and
EQ Defeat Function
Front Panel A/B Input Selection
High-Pass and Low-Pass Filters for Front & Rear Channel and Subwoofer Output
Adjustable 0 to 4 sec. turn on delay
Input Level Control
Gold-Plated RCA Jacks
FR-4 (Military-Spec) Anti-Vibration Circuit Boards

okay thats it for now lol... i appreciate all the help fomr you guys on ecoustics

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 216
the info eclipse gave me is..

Fs Hz- 26
Qts- .47
Spl db- 85
Power - 500/1000
Qms- 5.6
Qes- .51
xmax- 1.17"
Sd sq cm- 357
box1 (SPL)- .45 sealed
Box2 (boomy)- .75 sealed
box3(natural bass)- 1.25 sealed
box4 (extended bass)- 1.5 slealed
spk size basket 10 7/16"
hole size magnet hole- 9 5/16"
magnet depth behind spk- 5 1/4"
spk volume occupied- .09 cuft

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 108
Trevor they gave you recomended enclosure sizes.. maybe not dimensions but i dont think most companies tell you that specific.

1.5cf or any of the other sizes i am sure could be built in more than one way. Are you buying or building? Since sealed seems to be what they want for this sub you got some headroom for error if the cf is not perfect.

Which one are you wanting to use .45? .75? 1.25? or 1.5? I can throw out some dimensions that fit that..

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 217
im trying to decide because i want loudness but i want to really get the great SQ of eclipse subs... so i was thinking of maybe .75 or 1.25... if i made a 1 cuft box would it go between the two or do they not have that listed becuase it didnt produce a good outcome? and also... since its only 1 ten i was hoping to be able to leave the third row seats up and build the box fiting to the back of the seat and have the sub pointing upward to bounce off the glass and into the cabin... the car is an escalade by the way ... here i;ll draw an idea on paint real quick to show you..

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 218
Upload

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 219
im going to go take measurments behind the seat....

Silver Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 110
ok...
what kind of car is it?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 220
escalade

Silver Member

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 111
with that setup and having a third row seat, firing at the rear glass would probably give you the best results out of any with 1 10".

as far as going between the .75 and 1.25 with 1.0cf i dont see a problem with it. The specs they stated are probably were they saw peak performance/sound for each type of bass. You really cannot go wrong with a sealed enclosure with specs that are within reconmended range.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1524
Trevor, not really sure the deminsions i could give ya, and i wouldnt reccomend my box, its too small i would go much bigger and its like 1.3 i think, i would go like 1.5-2.0 if you could, but are you going for the full out sq this sub can give you, cause its sooo amazing, i hate im giving it to you lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us