Diamond Audio TDX's RULE!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 333
I just got my 2 15's in and they pound like none other. I have them aimed forward with the seats down in my 2003 monte carlo. I get a good back massage while driving. I am truly amazed. They are close to 1500 rms subs, and i am only using 1 zapco reference 500 watt amp because i dont want to upgrade my alternator just yet. those DLS Iridium 6.2 comps keep up with them as well. I HIGHLY recommend both.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
oops, i forgot. My rear view mirror vibrates so much from the pressure inside my car when the windows are down that it wont stay in place, any idea how to keep it from moving. The screw holding it on is tightened all the way up allready.

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
i have got a 100 amp alternator. Those amps have to be putting out more then stated because i have some slight dimming. In this case, would you recommend a cap??

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
BUMP

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 57
Yeah i run 1 diamond audio 10"tdx you need a bigger amp.. i am running 1000 watts rms on mine in a 84 camaro.. yeah you need a alternator.. i need one too.. i slapped a bandaide on mine..c alled a 5 farad cap but the alternator needs love.. and much of it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
i know i am underpowering them, big time. I dont wanna upgrade my alt yet, and i got an extremely good deal on the subs so i got them. They do sound really nice, but i know they can go a lot louder. I think i will just get a cap for now. In the future, i plan on getting the zapco reference 1100.1 and atleast a 200 amp alt. I am going to hold off on it for now, i have the money, but i dont wanna spread it too thin right now. What kind of a cost do you think i would be looking at for an alt that would be able to handle the 1100.1 and the 200.2 that i allready have???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us