Is there any way to get the same sound as...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1149
My system is in a chevy extended cab truck. When the windows are up, it sounds like total crap. Then when the windows are down, it actually sounds nice. I know it has to do with the air space in side the cab... but is there anything I can do to make the sound better with the windows up?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1045
sound deaden the inside maybe?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1150
Maybe... any other ideas???
That's a little expencive:-) I think I'll put my windows down... unless it will make a huge difference.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1047
get ice/water barrier used in roofing, its a heck of alot cheaper and works just the same...not to mention its fun to stick to your friends and then throw stuff at :-)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1475
ahha WHAT!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1153
Where would I be able to check this out, and how do you use it?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 338
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/128284.html

Username: Fastpurple

Bridgeton, Nj Us

Post Number: 1
I have an seal box with two jl audio 10 inch single voice coil subs, powered by an jl e-1400 amp, the subs are 8 ohmn, wired in parl. for an 4 ohmn load, they sound lousy, dont hit hard at all, if I turn the amp up the sit there & rumble! I have been told the only way I will get the hard hitting bass I want is to install two 6 inch mid woofers, what do you guys think?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1160
No... I wouldn't think that would help.

Does anyone know if using this stuff will help the sound that I'm looking for???

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 323
I don't see how sound deadening would help in this situation. It sounds to me like you need one of those blow through ports in your truck. Unless I'm somehow way off...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1166
I didn't really think anything could help... but I figured I'd ask anyways. If it was possable, someone on this forum would know.

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 20
i have the same problem you do hahahaha but instead of spending money i just roll down my window if its cold put ur heater on if its raining were screwed hahahahaha

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 21
i have the same problem you do hahahaha but instead of spending money i just roll down my window if its cold put ur heater on if its raining were screwed hahahahaha

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1167
Lol yep, and the wind in the face gets on my nerves as well. People also see you with the windows down and the system turned up, and they think you're just trying to be cool with the windows down and the radio up....

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 599
Hay taylor what way are your subs firing? I had an extended cab S10 with a single 12 firing down and it sounded great. I heard a truck just like mine with 4 12s firing up and it didn't sound near as good. (both systems were mid to top of the line) So the equipment couldn't have made that big of a diffrence.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1169
They are 10's, don't know if that makes any difference, and ya they are facing twards the frunt of the truck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us