Best subs to run in my 96 eclipse

Username: Titan

Post Number: 2
I have a visonik 3200 watt amp and I am tryin to decide what subs to use on for all out SPL. I am looking 12's right now but I am open to ideas. I also have a 5 farad audiobahn cap, and a audiobahn line driver that I will be running with these, any ideas are a great help. Also I will be running a optima red top with a 200 amp alternator if you needed to know.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 110
buy some eclipse subs

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1988
all out SPL run that amp into a RE mt 18

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 25
Would that amp even be able to handle that sub? Visinik, isn't that a Walmart brand?

Post Number: 3
No, Visonik is far from a Walmart brand look it up they have outperformed lots of top name brands. Thanks for the feed back. Anybody this I should go with 15's?

Post Number: 4
What is a RE mt 18?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1990
go on www.reaudio.com check it out. With a true 3000 watts this sub will make your ears bleed:-)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1142
Yep, for just spl, thats the sub for you!:-)

Bronze Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 81
visonik...ive heard em befor...way beyond walmart, gfreat quality and spl....get em

Post Number: 5
what are the specs on the mt's? I will either go 15" or 18" re mt but I cant find any specs. Is it worth the money for not having a warrenty?

Post Number: 6
what is the higher rated sub, X X X, or the MT? Alls I hear about online is the X X X 15".

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1481
umm no visionik is a pep boys brand, and it sucks IMO, i got 2 of there 12's with there own amp rated at 1200 watts rms and her 6x9's overpowered them, NO JOKE, i swear to you, and they arent even really red, they are like pink, i guess thats why i bought them for her lol

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1223
i tink the MT is too extreme for your setup. and you would kill that amp with that sub. i think yu need something that wouldnt take so much power and give you good results, im thinking maybe a w6v2 or a avalanche, or a dd 3500 series sub. maybe even the sx from re. how much are you looking to spend? there a lot of choices for you but just need more info. the MT doesnt have a warranty because it is for EXTREME spl only situations. the x.xx is an awesome sub along with the brahma mk2. the i9dmax d3 is a great sub with more sq on it s platter, but gives you some spl also. what are the specs on that amp?
and plus you dont have the room for a MT or any thing that big

Post Number: 7
well okay how about running 2 RE SX 15's in a sealed box with the 3200 watt amp? Which the specs are VISONIK V900HC 3200 WATT HIGH CURRENT AMPLIFIER FEATURES: 3200W 2 Channel High Current Amplifier 2 x 750W Rms @ 4 Ohm Stereo 2 x 1000W Rms @ 2 Ohm Stereo 2 x 1500W Rms @ 1 Ohm Stereo 2 x 2000W Rms @ A½ Ohm Stereo 1 x 3200W Rms @ 1 Ohm

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1224
that still might be too big for your car. 15s are very big, but if you think tey would fit then i would go with them. also see if you have enough room for each sub to have around 2.5-3.0 cub. feet for a ported enclosure.

Post Number: 9
well I have a sealed box for 2 15's that does fit I would really like to do a dual slot port for 2 12's but I couldnt find any good 12's worth the while got any ideas to run off that amp?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1226
for 12s? oh yeah....9912 from digital designs, you know if you have the money try to get a brahma extreme from adire audio, i tihk they are 700 or 800 a piece but are very nice. if not try the digital designs, or the triple x.

Post Number: 10
ya I was thinkin the triple X from RE look like a pretty good option for 2 12's whats the price range on those? You think thats a good idea 2 X X X in a slot port aimed at the hatch glass?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us