SUBFANATIC SOMEONE HELP???

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 65
i was just on my way home from work, beatin out, and my sub just STOPPED. No weird noise, my amps are still runnin, but the sub just stopped, i dont know what to do...someone help!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1044
check all connections, even the ones inside the box, make sure thats all good, check your RCA connections as well....

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 66
ill do that, but if anyone has anymore suggestions feel free...

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 14
well i had that happen one time to me too on my kicker l7 the wire that is actually inside the subwoofer came off i tried to sader it shrink wrap everything nothing worked you might want to check that its hard to explain which wire i am talking about over the net lol on the kicker there are 4 wires that are connected to the sub sorry if i confused u more but if your sub is like that check those wires

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1139
Sort of the same thing happend to my sub one time. It was one of the wires on the sub, in side the basket. It just vibrated loose. Maybe thats you're problem.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1140
By the way, I just souldered it back.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1472
did u come straight home and try to restart your car, cause sometimes me car decides, hey lets turn the sub off just to see if he gets mad, it will be fun! lol so try that other than that it is MOST likely the connections in the back of the sub, if thats not it come back

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 68
Well I called the shop that installed my system, and they said im under a 1yr warranty on everything, but in order for that to stay in effect i cant TOUCH anything. If i do, the warranty is void, so i have no clue guys..but i appreciate your help. And subfanatic, i restarted my car a couple of times, and still didnt get nothing so i dont know, i hope the wire came loose. I had that happen once before on my old system.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1477
thats the most likely cause

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1156
Isn't warranty great?:-)

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 69
Yeah in this case it is...

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 70
Welp guys, i took it to the shop, and its like this!!! The voicecoil is GONE, and instead of the amp goin into protection mode or whatever, the d.amn sub fried the amp..so it took the amp down with it. BUT HEY..THANK GOD FOR WARRANTIES ha ha ha..i got a new sub and amp already coming, itll be here Monday...woohoo

Anonymous

ha ha id say so...

Username: Jimmyjames69

Post Number: 1
Yea man that sub is fried if you beat down for long periods of time like for 3-6hours that amp gets hot and kiss those subs goodbye. Just bang for like an hour then let your subs rest for a while then bang for another hour.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1487
your voice coil was GONE?

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 74
HA HA not GONE!!! but it was F*cked up... so it took the amp to...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1523
you were running all RF high end stuff werent you???? but seriously, how was it so FED UP...i guess you justlike owned its life and melted that b*tch

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 77
i dunno, i was listening to lil scrappy "no problems" and that bass is kinda low, an had it turned up to the max, and it just stopped. So i dunno what happened. I dont care...It may not of been the song at all..it couldve been internal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us