Sub is Popping

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 189
Anyone who has a 15" sub - Does your sub ever make a pop sound when the music is playing, especially on songs when the bass hits fast? I think my sub is bottoming out, how do i know for sure?

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1978
No my sub does not do that. I am pretty sure you have a REXXX and it should not be doing that . What amp are you running it with? and at what impedence? if the power is correct it sounds like an enclosure problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
ed nine.1, i have it wired parellel to 1 ohm pushing 1200 watts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
i think i got a "lemon". i am calling RE tomorrow

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
The enclose is exactly to RE's specs, 4 cubic feet tuned to 32 or 27 hz, i can't remember, but i had a local shop build it according to the sheet RE faxed me. Any other ideas on what might be causing it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
could the enclosure cause it to bottom out, even if it's the size they recommended?

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 139
I'll bet you a 1000 bucks its the cone. Check along side the edge thats glued to the surround. What happened to my x.x.x. 15" a few weeks back was that 3/4 of the cone loosened up from where its glued to the foam surround. L called up RE and they sent me a bottle of glue and its perfect now.Gently run your nail along the edge of the top cone and try to lift the edge to find out where it loosened up, OR, you can tap the whole cone along the edge with your finger. wherever its lose it'll make a funny distortion-like sound.99.9% sure thats your problem.I had the exact same problem with mine. good luck

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 140
I'll bet you a 1000 bucks its the cone. Check along side the edge thats glued to the surround. What happened to my x.x.x. 15" a few weeks back was that 3/4 of the cone loosened up from where its glued to the foam surround. L called up RE and they sent me a bottle of glue and its perfect now.Gently run your nail along the edge of the top cone and try to lift the edge to find out where it loosened up, OR, you can tap the whole cone along the edge with your finger. wherever its lose it'll make a funny distortion-like sound.99.9% sure thats your problem.I had the exact same problem with mine. good luck

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 141
ooopps

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
well, it sounds like something is hitting where it shouldn't be inside of the box. I'll try that tomorrow, it's 12 Here and dark.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 109
does it sound like a marble in a 20 oz bottle?

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
yeah, that's kind of it, what does that mean?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 111
dont know but i have heard it before. is your amp clipping at all?

Username: Farooqwaraich

Post Number: 2
Quote:

"... well, it sounds like something is hitting where it shouldn't be inside of the box ..."

That's EXACTLY how my Alpine 15" Type R sub sounded during hard fast bass beats - dunno why, but I sold it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us