PENTAGON subs???

Username: Hudat

Post Number: 4
I know everybody always says how bad sony speakers are and I know that even pioneer speakers outdo sony speakers by far, but I heard some good reviews about those sony pentagon subs and on those car rebuilding shows such as overhaulin or pim-p my ride i think i seen them use them in there. Are they actually pretty good or not? I listen to rock mainly and I want something that will give me a solid, heavy and deep feel.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1128
I'm guessing they'll have the same problems as the Kicker Solobaric's. An odd shaped cone will cause stress points in the subs cone, causing it to break or stop working. I bet it's excursion isn't as good either.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1289
my friend has the p5's and they arent really pentagon..they just have pentagons like superglued onto the original cone kinda...but its still a circle

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 46
I have a pair of these and I think they hit pretty well in my car, especially the new Ludacris CD Red Light District.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1317
they are prolly installed well, cause i have a friend running 2 12 p5's in his car and he blew away my friends 15 x.x.x in spl but sq was way below lol, but the 15 was powered by a hifonics brutus 1500d and the p5's were powered by some pos thing..i think legacy

Bronze Member
Username: Jlojko

Post Number: 22
my friend runs something like 400 watts to 2 pentagon xplods, there not that bad, it does hav not too good sq but it does hit hard as hell

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1320
yea lol...supposedly he is running 1000 watts rms to each sub...but its a power acoustic amp...not legacy..and its pretty crazy...but he is goign to get 2 more and run 4 12 p5's with 2 1000/1's

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 47
Oh, no doubt, I havent had them measured or anything, but they f***ing rumble in my car(saturn) and im running it off a sony mono amp.

And yes, I do know what other systems sound like, so I can compare the differences.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1321
but horse...how much money do you have for subs/amp

Username: Debo0187

Post Number: 7
man, sh.. i just blew out 2 sony 15 p5's they hit good but not for long they just can't hold up!! sony isn't made for competition, i just bought 2 new memphis 15's. i'll let ya'll now the difference soon

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1326
there will be a huge difference...but how many watts were you putting two them

Username: Hudat

Post Number: 5
i have a 400W MTX road thunder amp and i dont want to spend too much on subs. the subs I have now are 8" thunp subs. I paid 40 bucks for both of them brand new in enclosures with tweeters and they suck bad. super unclean and hollow bass. I hooked my friend's dual 10" 400W Rockford Fosgates to my amp and those things hit pretty hard. I have a pioneer deck and to get extra volume, what I do is I turn the bass on the equalizer to -2 and the mid to -3 and the treb to +4 and then i crank the thing to 20 volume and i found that to sound really clear and yet solid. lots of Kick yet the trebble cuts through that bass like a knife and it sounds sweet. I was just thinking the Sony 12" pentagons cause they seem cheap enough and i heard lots of good things about em.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1383
ummm who told you good things about them? but maybe look into kicker comps, better for the price

Username: Debo0187

Post Number: 9
hey sub I was putting about 1600 watts to them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us