I had alot of prolems with the alpine type-X subs!!

Username: Kurtis471364

Grapevine, Tx Usa

Post Number: 6
i have 2 of theses each 1 running on mrd-m1001 and i had the amp like 1/4 of its power trying to break these bad boys in right ...running them very soft... and then they just started making a bad niose like something was in the hone or somethig and then they blew hours later
subs are in a nice custom camaro box made by
"http://www.subthump.com" made for these subs
i had the lpf on at 80 hz
sub s. off
eq off
level at 0db
slope at 12
gain at -20db max is 0db
i have a top of the line pioneer deck with like 50 settings and set right
and i heard that there was a recall out on the frist batch of these is this true or what? ....cuz i have had some type-r's and some type-E's in the past and never had a problem with them ...alpine is great and till i got these guys

help plz... thanx curtis gragg

Bronze Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 24
Yah, lots of people have had problems with the Type-X's. If I were you, id send them back if you can, and wait for the 2005 15" Type-R's.

Username: Kurtis471364

Grapevine, Tx Usa

Post Number: 7
that sux man i wanna set them on fire .....i wish i could have 15's i have a camaro

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 30
damn, well get the new 2005 12" type-r's. 500rms and more xmax than the 2004 model. Should be better. I just ordered 2 12" 2004 Type-R's. I know those are solid subs, lots of people have them.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1274
D P W, just because alot of people have those subs, doesnt make them solid subs really. It means they have mass production allowing alot of subs being made with less quality

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 31
No, its a popular sub because its a good sub. A lot of people have Type-R's around here because they sound good.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1278
yea they are...but you said they are solid subs..they are for the cheap stuff for sure...def some of the best stuff around...wouldnt mind having some myself lol

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 32
yah, I just ordered mine today. Ive heard them before though, they sound very good for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 11
i have the new 2005 alpine type r and can you say kicks a@@ get the 05 models i like them a lot bettr than the 04

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1315
lol, D P W...you giong to have a great system for the money you spend

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 33
Online talk is confusing...are you being sarcastic or serious? Good or bad thing? lol, can't tell.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1322
serious...good subs lol..its a good thing

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 37
lol, ok. Yah, Ive heard one of them with only 250 watts going to it and I liked it. I ordered my box and my subs last night so they should be here by either friday, saturday, or monday. Can't wait.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1327
yea dude...the anticipation will kill ya haha

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 38
Especially if it don't get here by Friday...Im gone for spring break the week after that lol.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1328
haha..that sucks dude..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us