Need help with amp/sub question?

bowtieguy
Unregistered guest
What would be a good amp to run a 15/18 triple x. And anyone who has this how loud is it and in what box with what amps?

Or would an avalanche 15 or 18 be better? Anyone suggest a good amp for this or how loud it would get.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1257
i would suggest getting the x.x.x cause just idk...i havent heard the avalanch lol...but thats just me...but how much do you wannaspend on an amp?

bowtieguy
Unregistered guest
well i have a memphis 1000d which is 1100 rms at 1 ohm but im not sure if that would push it well since its rated at 1600 rms. If I need a new one I guess around 400.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1259
that is a really great amp....it should work if you would like....or get your sub DVC 2 ohm and run that amp at like 800 watts if you possible can on one voice coil and get another amp to match thatamp

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 92
Bowtie i have spoken with RE tech support quite a few times when i was deciding on my purchase of one of there subs and everytime i came to the x.x.x sub wether it be ported or sealed they said give it 1600rms.

Now i think if your amp really puts out a true 1100rms and up you would be fine. I plan on running a zapco with 1200rms to mine and i know that will be plenty. If your output is closer to the 800rms i think the avalanche would be better based on what others have posted on the subject vs the two.

bowtieguy
Unregistered guest
well its only 600 rms at 2ohms, but i think its a true 1100 at 1 ohm. Its a pretty good amp so i think I will go with that as I don't have a lot of money to work with.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 275
well glass said before that 1000 watt rms of clean power would be enough for that sub if the box is built to spec. BUT if space is an issue an you have to build a small box then i would reccommend a avalanche becasue if you have a small sealed boz then you are going to need to throw more power at it. But if space is not an issue then 1100 watt is ok for that sub

bowtieguy
Unregistered guest
yea i have a tahoe so it can be as big as I want. I dont really haul stuff around in the back. I think I'm gonna have a box made for a 15 x.x.x. that is about 4 cubes tuned from 27-30 hz running 1100 rms. Would this be loud and sound good? Any idea how loud?

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 288
yeh that should be an excellent enclosure and yeh that should be loud. Since you're tuning so low i guess you're going for sq but you should be pushing high 130's to mid 140's probably.

bowtieguy
Unregistered guest
well i want both. Just the site suggests 27. Would 32-35 be really loud and still sound good.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 289
yeh any where from 27-32 should be good.

bowtieguy
Unregistered guest
alright thanks for all the help man.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1104
Don't wory about the 1100 watt's, if the box is built right like Sub said, the sub will reach it's full excursion.

Silver Member
Username: Minime80

Post Number: 115
Wait, so reaching full excursion is a good thing? (or as close as possible without going over of course)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us