Why do people talk s*#t about the kicker solobarics?

Unregistered guest
I have a pheonix gold xenon 1200.1 amp at 1ohm powering 2 12 inch solobaric L7s in a ported box.they also have a capacitor and an epicenter.for those of you who dont know what an epicenter is its a small device placed between your sub amp and the stereo that extends your music's frequency lower giving you that nose tickling low bass that everybody loves.oh yeah i compared my system to my dad's friend who has 2 15 inch rockford fosgate T2s.he also had an epicenter but my system smoked his.to give you an idea of how good kickers are, everytime you put your head in my car you get a headache and you can feel all the air moving.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1213
NOONE TALKS POO about kicker solobaricks...they are awesome SPL subs..but thats its...come here and tell us when your sub breaks cause of the square design giving cracks in the cone and surrond...we talk sh*t about them because they hae terrible sq and they are good in spl but thats its.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1808
That doesn't meen your subs are good. You can buy like 10 sony's and run a ton of watts to them. They'll give you a headache too.

Bronze Member
Username: Chenzevy

Post Number: 24
hahahahha quit lying to yourself

let me make an example.....

JL = bentley
RE = mercedes
SOLOBARICS = hyndai

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1216
i like the example very nice...what about eclipse

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1809
Actually Sub, lots of people talk poo about them. lol. I don't really, they're nothing special; loud, but not awsome in spl either. Kicker is a decent brand, but they need to scrap the stupid square sub idea. If a square speaker really was that great, then don'y you think there'd be a million other companies making them?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1217
hahaha...great point joe...but 2 of them can get loud.. in my opinion...but not many knowledgable people on here talk alot of poo on them i meanlol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1811
Well yeah; I try not to bash them, though I would never think about running any. Most of the people that talk a bunch of crap are idiots that have no clue what they're talking about, and base their opinions solely on what they've heard other people say.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1220
sounds like me :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 99
ill bash them all day. if i wanted loud and didnt care about sq i could buy something way cheaper. most people buy solos because they listen to the owner of the sub shop that says "yea solobarics are the best now buy them for twice what i did and get out." "No they dont have stress points anymore they fixed that"

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1244
its square.....they are ineveitbaly goign to have stress points

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 85
Joe there arent a million different companies making them, but there are a few.

And as far as this thread... solobarics are subwoofers that just arent made to sound good. So what if they get nose tingling low bass. If you pay top dollar for a setup that just sounds loud so you can impress girls, or turn up on other people next to you so you can out do them, or so you can brag that your friends heard you coming blocks away then your really not into car audio. Your into an image one that you think loud music gives you.

Theres a guy down the street from where i have been helping my friend build a custom enclosure for his RE RE10 sub that has 1 12" L7. And i laught everytime he goes up and down the street bumping becuase the sound quality is horrible. And i am sure he think he sounds cool and that he will get attention, but really now if your going to play loud where other people can hear... wouldnt it make sense to play loud and clear.

Just about any sub can make your ears hurt, stomach turn, or "tingle your nose". My friend bought about 3 years ago a DHD amp with 2 Sony 12's and those subs got so loud when tuning the system i had to exit the car a few times.

Most of the negitive feedback people get on this forum in regards to kicker solobarics is becuase people talk about how great they are (example your first post in this thread) "my system smoked his". And i am sure it did, maybe your quaters flipped more on your hood then his or you were heard farther down the street than his. But to most people on this forum that isnt everything... thus the opinions about solobarics

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1260
sq is key in what he is saying

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 440
well i didnt believe it but some dude down here in Louisiana has a van full of L7 solo baric 12's and he won the top prize in SQ comp. WTF i saw the trophy wut the hell happened those subs have no SQ at all.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1263
no way lolq

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 95
a van full? meaning like more than 2? lol like 4+..? simple is better in SQ.. you sure that wasnt an spl trophy and he was just claiming otherwise?

if its for reals i hate to have seen his competition.. maybe he had the best sounding from the super modified class?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1089
I'm just wondering what happend to the guy who started this thread? haha

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1090
I'm not putting down RF, because I'm running RF subs/amp's. But they aren't really known for there products any more. Theyaren't as good as they used to be. I still love them though. My 2 hx2's beat 2 l5's. What do you think about that?:-)

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 282
hey just about anything is possible just as long as you know wht you're doing.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 283
that was referring to taylor not the dude that won the sq comp with solobarics:-)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1097
Yep, the install, to tell you the truth, he had no clue what he was doing. That's one of the reasons my system beat his I'm guessing.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1098
Maybe the only other system's he was compeeting agenst where audiobahn?:-) I still don't believe he won a sq comp with solobarics.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 441
ok yall that dude i said that won the SQ comp with L7's he has 6 L7 15's and he won grand master in SQ at USACI so i dont know who he beat but thats crazy

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1170
just for the record I also know a guy who runs all focals for his highs and alpine amps to power them with a 12 inch solobaric and he wins sq events regularly its all in planning and install...It Can Be Done

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 126
i second that they are goos spl sub but hoorible for sql. on top of that there is far better to be had for the price.

Username: Ssoonr

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 4
so back to rating the X X X's, JL, and Eclipse Titanium Series; what would you consider to have the best SQ?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1106
Jl.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1267
x.x.x, i personally hate the way Jl w7's sound..but yo9u didnt say w7's im just assuming lol

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1119
Lol, I was thinking about the w6's!

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 5
i was thinking w6's too... sorry for the confusion

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1339
haha...wel the w6 would sound better

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1138
Yep, I've heard that the w6v2 is the best sq sub out there.

Silver Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 121
As I've said before I used to run a pair of Kicker L7 15's in a wall in a Grand Am paired up with a Orion XTR PRO 2400. They were able to get deafeningly loud with basically every song I could throw at them. Very good for the internet price but not for the shop price, which I paid. the SQ isn't too too bad if you do it right.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1368
yea w6v2's are supposed to the best sounding stuff out there..very nice stuff

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 7
thanks for the input

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1381
but if your looking to save money look into eclipse Al's

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1217
image dynamics, i think they are the best at sql. or a budget system, the atlas.

status quo @ct lik ya kno
Unregistered guest
kicker is LOUD REAL LOUD BASS point blank i have so much experience incar audio from backyard installs to pro hookups spl comps designs ect kicker gets the job done r they the best soundin sub NO will i buy another sub NO but they far from sucking yes ive owned them all they all have problems depends on what your needs and wants are if i dont do kicker i dont do subs thats that

s q whatta du
Unregistered guest
look any good sub can win sq forget the sub how many other factors r there lets c a million

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1144
hahahaha, what ever.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1144
hahahaha, what ever.

Silver Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 123
well subs do just about absolutely squat in SQ comps so the woofer isn't a determining factor in SQ whatsoever. and in Gary Biggs SOLOX SQ vehicle, the woofer is basically shut off during judging. Kicker can twist things a bit to make them sound 100x better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us