4 ohms to 2

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 102
if i have dual 4 ohm subs, can i wire them to 2 ohms and then run them off a single channel amp at 2 ohms so i get better wattage? Or is that not safe, and i should just get the dual 2 ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 162
yes you can wire two 4ohm speakers into a 2ohm load(by wiring them in parallel)

you would get more watts out of your amp from a 2hom load then a 4ohm load(EX:100watts into 4ohms/200watts into 2ohms). But make sure the amp is 2ohm stable.

If you got the two subs rated at 2ohms you would need to check the stabillity of the amp at 1ohm or you could wire it into a 4ohm load.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 103
ok well my idea is to get the alpine r's. They come in dual 4 and dual 2. I have an amp that puts out 800 watts rms x 1 at 2 ohms. Which ohm should i get?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1803
Eric, do you have two subs? You said "sub's", plural, so I'm assuming you have (2) DVC 4 ohm subs. If you do then Cory, your wrong man. Two 4 ohm dvc subs can only be wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 169
yeah Joe your right. good thing i have you over look my posts...lol

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 104
yeah im planning on getting two 12's. I think im just going to get two dual 2 ohm subs so i don't have to worry about anything. There alpine r's.. Mmm

Bronze Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 58
lol i know i should be in amps askin this but wat amp is 2000 watts at 1 ohm stable lol

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1247
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=451&1=452&3=3233
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us