What amps should i get with my system of subs?

Username: Rdfishfl

Post Number: 1
I've got 2 10" Infinity perfects and 2 12" Infinity perfects. What amplifier(s) should I get with these to have the best sound quality?

Silver Member
Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 114
get a kicker 1200 it will power those just the way you like em. Its a 700 dollar up Iam selling mine for 350 let me know tikolx333@yahoo.com

Anonymous

ya need two amps....one for your 12's and one for your 10's

what is the RMS rating on your subs???

Post Number: 2
The 10's and 12's both have an RMS rating of 350 watts with a max of 1400 watts.

Anonymous

ya still want two amps....the 10's and 12's will sound different....you cound get two JBL BP600.1's
or two KX600.1's.....you can only use the kick KX600.1's if you can get a 2ohm load out of each pair of subs....they need to be dvc 2 ohm or single 4 ohm subs to use the kicker amp...

Does anyone have an opinion on soundstream amps? How would my subs sound if I had 2 Soundstream tarantula TR880/2 at 4 ohms powering them?

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Post Number: 131
Screw going for 2 amps a Kicker 1200.1 would work well or a JBL BP1200.1.If you have the money get a JL 1000/1.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 174
i'd reccomend goin with two BP600.1 amps, two tens on one and the 12s on the other, cant go wrong hehe

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Post Number: 136
Yea but the current draw of 2 amps is more than one amp.If he has the power for 2 600 watt amps then ok but I doubt it.

Anyways...how will I know if I have enough power for 2 600 watt amps? It'll be in a 2000 trans am. Do I need anything special to power the 2 amps?

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 115
a new hi output alternator more than likely??? big boom...big alternator...more cash lol

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1374
you'll need at least 4AWG power cable.
if voltage drops or lights dim, you'll need a larger alternator.

Also, I'm thinking about getting a DVD/mp3 head unit with a monitor...any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1440
Eclipse
Alpine
Clarion
Pioneer Premiere

Username: Cheeth

I've got 2 jbl 1000 watt 12" speakers, with a 1400 watt crunch amp, what alternator will i need to power these, My battery keeps going flat.

cheers

mikho
Unregistered guest
I've got My R type's (Only 2 10" dual 4ohms) Running off of a MTX 942 briged the sound is great and type 's r so hard to blow im tellin u man i can make the em pop out a good 3 in" if id like to (but i am still think about ruming the 2 alpine 300rms amp what do u think)

Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 4
Aaron - after checking a couple parts sites it seems you have a 105A alternator. You should be fine with at least 1000 rms, if wired properly maybe 2k - especially if it's class D as the JBL bp's are.

Paul - What car? Which crunch amp? Given Crunch's tendency to over-rate their stuff I'd be surprised if your stock alternator is insufficient.

Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 5
Aaron - after checking a couple parts sites it seems you have a 105A alternator. You should be fine with at least 1000 rms, if wired properly maybe 2k - especially if it's class D as the JBL bp's are.

Paul - What car? Which crunch amp? Given Crunch's tendency to over-rate their stuff I'd be surprised if your stock alternator is insufficient.

Username: Cheeth

Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Its a fiesta 1.1 L reg, don't worry i've got it sorted now, it turns out that ma old alternator was broke. so i put a new one in and works perfectly. all i need now is to amp the 6x9's up

Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Its gonna depend on your V.coil... You are gonna need a mono block to run all 4. If they are single voice coil then 1 mono block 800w + will push them // if they are dual v.coil then you'll need to go w/ 2 mono blocks to run all 4 & then you won't have to worry about a new alternator.I have several different mono blocks & will give you the best deal that you'll find anywhere. Drop me an email & I'll get you some prices. If you have any other ?'s let me know.

Thanks

Mike

Post Number: 3
Thanks for everyone's advice, I'm putting the system in my car over the weekend, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Unregistered guest
ive got a fiesta 1.1 and want to get it louder. all i have is a set of sony exploid 6x9's and a jvc head unit what subs would you sugest to get with good sound and not too much money

Silver Member
Username: Tikolx333

Post Number: 131
You looking for a hella loud system I have one for sale. 3 xtatn 12" in a sealed box and a kicker 1200 putting out 1447 watts. http://www.cartoys.com/cartoys/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=23541

This system cost me about $2000 I want 800 for it. Let me know.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us