How are these?

slm
Unregistered guest
http://www.lightningaudio.com/2004/products/product.asp?prodID=852

Lightening Audio is actually a sub-brand of Rockford Fosgate so they should be good.

250-Watt The Fast And The Furious Monoblock Amplifier:

Line or Speaker Level Inputs
Optional CT-1 Cooling Turbine
Variable 40-130 Hz Low-Pass Crossover
Variable 12dB Juice Boost Bass Enhancement Circuit
Chrome-Plated Top Cover
Included Remote Level Control
350 Watts Into A 2-Ohm Load

12" The Fast And The Furious 4-Ohm Subwoofers

Hot Red Polypropylene Cone
Chrome Dust Cap with F&F Logo
Large-Roll Treated Foam Surround
1.5" 4-Layer Voice Coil
Kapton Voice Coil Former
ABS Top Gasket
Chrome-Plated Steel Basket
Both Subs Can Be Wired Together For A Mono 2-Ohm Load
Dual 12" Sealed The Fast And The Furious

Enclosure

Fully Carpeted
MDF Construction
Dual 5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts
Grilles Included
Dimensions: 36" L x 18" W x 17" H

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1707
Noooo, no, no, no, no. Please don't buy anything from Lightning Audio.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 217
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
OMG OMG OMG

tell us a budget and we can find u some good equipment.

slm
Unregistered guest
i have $500 cdn now to spend on a deck, subs and amp

slm
Unregistered guest
good luck

slm
Unregistered guest
good luck

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 219
slim, anything named after a movie called "the fast and the furious", well...come on, anyways give us a budget bro. you wont be disappointed with the recommendations people on this board give.
just read whats on this board for a couple months, read www.bcae1.com, and do some of your own research, and in a few months when you decide on a system, you'll laugh when you think about what you were about to buy. i did.

slm
Unregistered guest
theres my budget, lol, ^^ its enough to get stuff, but i also want good quality stuff and money left over for other things if possible. Ill have $250 for a deck and $250 for subs and an amp.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 228
you can get an alpine cda-9827 for $150. it's nothing fancy, but great sound. that would leave $350 for sub and amp. look at www.ascendantaudio.com for an atlas 12 ($145), it uses the same motor as the RE X.X.X. and Adire Brahma and it only needs 250-300 watts, and either mtx or jbl for an amp. all quality stuff. remember to leave $ for wiring and a box. www.knukonceptz.com has quality wiring for a good price. build your own box w/ 3/4" MDF (about $20 for a 4x8 sheet) by using the box calculator on www.bcae1.com page 110. hope it helps.

slm
Unregistered guest
how much is £169.99 in canadian $$ ?

slm
Unregistered guest
http://www.car-audio-accessory.co.uk/cheap-car-audio.htm

how is kenwood for amp and sub?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 264
170 UK pounds is about C$390. Kenwood's excelon line of head units is good, but there are better amps and speakers for the price.

heres a good amp in your price range:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX342

you may be able to find it cheaper on eBay. that would power the Atlas 12 perfectly. you can get an alpine type-r sub for about US$90 new on eBay if the Atlas is too expensive. that would be pretty good too.

US$500 is C$415. to be honest, that's not much to work with when trying to find a head unit, amp, and sub. can you save up more? if not look at Resonant Engineering's RE line of subs www.reaudio.com. they are only like C$95 for a 12" and they only need 175 watts RMS so the you'll save money on the amp too. it wont be nearly as loud as the Atlas 12, but it'll be quality.

Username: Bclemms

Post Number: 4
You could go with a pioneer deh-p4700 plays cd/mp3: $150.00
I will sell you a used fosgate RF-x5 it will give you good clean power 400wx1 @4ohm and 700x1 @2 ohm: $150
get a kicker solo L5 12" off ebay for $155 in a box after shipping.
that will give you $45 for an amp kit.
If you feel like splurging a little more you can get a four channel hifonics and four pioneer 3 ways for about another $150 and it would almost keep up with the sub.
$650 for an all around system.
$500 for H.U. amp, box and sub all of high quality, not great but it will get er done

slm
Unregistered guest
I can save up more if i need, and thanks for all the help. I'm leaving for the city tomorrow and I'll go look at the car audio places. Some of the stores are having half off sales. I'll see what they have and post it on here for u all to see. If u think its ok, ill buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us