Best amp/sub combo? Really need help!

Username: Chevyfan

EVERETT, WASHINGTON

Post Number: 1
i am pretty new to all of this car audio stuff, my truck was just hit and i collected a little insurance money ;) i am looking to upgrade my system to be a nice one.... i just bought a Alpine CDA-9833, to replace the old 9821 i had in there. i am now looking to replace my subwoofer and amplifier with somthing better, i need to know what the best dual 12" subwoofer and amplifier setup for fairly cheap *about $500-650* to hook up to my new deck, and some advise on a pair of 6x9's would be helpful too, i need to put these subs in a box behind the seat obiously and i have limited room so help with a box to fit the 2 12's would be helpful too, thanks alot.
-Kramer

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1880
have you ever thought of getting one sub with much better quality then two cheaper subs?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1881
what kind of truck do you have extended cab or regular cab?

Username: Chevyfan

EVERETT, WASHINGTON

Post Number: 2
yeah, one nice sub sounds practical, i have a standard cab chevy cheyanne, so there aint that much room....

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1883
well this is what I would do first, find a box that will fit or get one custom built, next find out the cu/ft air space you have and the depth of the box where you are going to be mounting the sub is importand. once you have the box,cu/ft and depth then you find the perfect sub for that enclosure,once you have that next is your amp. if you do this correctly your sub should sound great. once you have a box come back and post and we will help you pick out a good reliable sub for the amount of money that you have.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us