Finally..

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 152
Guys.. i have dreamed for this day for about 5 months. I am finally getting my system complete. starting right after christmas i ordered new speakers for my car, headunit, sub, and amp. About 2 weeks ago i went to the local place and had them install everything cause i have panels and it's a beech to put in. so i ask them to make me a box, and it's taken forever, and they tell me," It will be ready Friday". I go friday and they say they forgot to stop on the route from their shop 30 minutes away. On saturday i was running about 67 mph and my driveshaft broke and it's been in the shop ever since. well today i finally got my box, very nice (4 cubes tuned to 30 Hz., for an X.X.X.) and tomorrow my car will be ready so i can finally hear it. I'm so excited..this post was so gaa'(damn filter), but the anticipation is deadly!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1602
Nice Robbie. Thanks for telling me that. I'm driving around with no system right now, lol. Trying to find a d@mn amp. Your making me salivate.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1122
ya a.sshole me too. no amp and a lot of anger. sounds nice. though. wish my setup was complete

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1856
hey Joe you hear back yet?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 881
haha..joe you know ive got the amps if you need to buy one haha...jk...but robbie...how does it sound? tell me when you find out

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Holy sh!t, it's crazy, sounds so clean and loud as hell. Anyone know how to set the subsonic filters and the lowpass filters? what about the phase? and help would be great. this sub is freaking awesome

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1619
Ahh, you finally heard it I'm guessing?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1620
Ahh, you finally heard it I'm guessing?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 301
Set your subsonic to like 25hz, I have mine set to the 24db slope. Your lowpass filter should be set to 80hz. You may have to mess with your settings, all depending on what you listen to. I listen to a ton of metal so I moved my lowpass up some to more like 120hz because a lot of the kick drums and bass in metal isn't low like rap.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1897
!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1898
I guess its finally working again! sweet. Hey robbie I am glad you like it man its beeen a long time waiting for you.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1621
Yeah, it was under maintenance or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
do yall know anything about the phase shift?i messed around with it for a few minutes and my sub started hitting weird so i put it back on 0 degrees. would you think a 15 X.X.X. would hit harder than 2 12 mmats? i don't know which model, but he has a concept 1200 watt amp hooked up to it, and i know it's about the setup but i've got the box to the exact specs of RE and his is a little louder, and my sub also hits a little late. Other than that, it is awesome. putting edead in soon, when i get some more money.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1634
What about phase shift? When you reverse the polarity of a sub you are doing a 180 degree phase shift. When you have 2 subs and one is out of phase it can cancell the other one out somewhat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
yeah, i thought it was for 2 subs. i just messed around with some sh!t on my hu and it's starting to sound better.gain, it's a little less than half right now, on an ed nine.1. bass boost is about half way too... any thoughts?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1641
Did you reverse the phase on for the sub on your headunit? Not sure about the features on the Pioneer's, but on my Alpine you can reverse the sub's phase. You really shouldn't hear a difference if all you did was a 180 degree shift.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
the phase is on 0 degrees now. what do you think about the gain and bass boost? could it stand to go up a little more? i'm not sure and it hurts me head to stay back there for a while with it up.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1642
Well, once the gain is set you don't mess with that. You match the gain with the preamp voltage level from your headunit, don't use it as a bass boost. As for the bass boots, I like to keep mine down, because I notice when you crank it up sound quality suffers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
i never got the gain set right. i don't know how to match it, could you give me some insight?? thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
i have the pioneer premier dehp8mp.. it's got 6.5 volt pre-outs. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us