Archive through March 04, 2005

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1123
I just got off the phone with Chad over at ascendant audio and ordered my new avalanche 15. man I cant wait to get this sub and test it out. Shipping was only $20 you cant beat that. Well I just wanted to let you guys know cause I have been waiting a long time to check these out now I will let you all know how it really is once I get it. Also he had mentioned that in the near future if people are interested he will be putting out a line of snailshell enclosures that have a black satin finish that he claimed" will look like a million bucks" not oly will they be nicer then powered 4sounds but they will be cheaper as well so if you guys are interested let me know and I will let him know he has a following with the idea to go through with it faster.

Bronze Member
Username: Colinjay18

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 23
how much? i ordered my 15" x.x.x. last friday and can't wait for it to get here. now i have to decide on a box.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1128
how much on what the box? he said $250-$300 which is $50-$100 cheaper then powered 4 sound.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 775
Gosh James, you gotta let me know how good the Avalanche sounds. I just wanna hear how anything from Ascendant Audio sounds. I really wanna try an Atlas sometime.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1132
I joe(Jon) I sure will. I am doing it in a 2.5 cu/ft sealed untill they make the snail shell's then I am doing that. man I feel like a 8 year old on christmas morning. lol!

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 779
Gosh. That's cool man. I'm still down about the Brahma, but I finally sold some stuff so I'm gonna order the Eclipse 7100 12" this week. 2.25 cf box tuned to about 35 hz, Johnathan said that fits to specs.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1135
hey Joe just a thought. My avalanche came to $319.98 shipped. Why dont you wait and I will let you know how it sounds. If you were ready to pay $250 for the Brahma then about $40-50 for shipping it might be a smart move to get the avalanche. Its up to you man but I will have it by next week. if you dont want ot wait that long I understand. Man I sure can't wait.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 785
Actually I was thinking about that. I think I am gonna wait till you get your avalanche and try it out. What amp are you gonna run in on?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1141
not sure I am gona try the PPI a600 and the Orion 250 HCCA one is 600 watts and 1 is 800 so I will see what happens. Chad said they both will run it very well so I will see what happens.

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 79
is the avalanche 12 gona be the same price as the 15? I hope not =[

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1157
no it is about $100 cheaper for the 12 why? I have heard that the avalanche 15 will beat a brahma and REXXX. We will soon see. I cant wait.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 311
what about a ti?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1162
have never heard one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
the avalanche 12 for only 200$ I doubt it.. did you ask? If thats the price id be amazed..

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1269
chad said they are coming out soon and we will be amazed with the price. So Mo that was just a guess but if the 15 was $299 then I would guess around $250 for a 12.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Oh god.. i cant wait. Im getting a car in like 1 month.. i might even order the sub before i get the car lol.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1289
hahaha nice. yeah mine is scheduled for delivery today I cant wait till it gets here.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 963
Are you gonna hook it up tonight if you get it? I need to hear how they sound. I know you'll be able to compare them to Brahma's and x.x.x's because you kinda own a Brahma. If it's what they say they are then I'm gonna hold off and order one.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 34
where is a good place to see the spec's and order the avalanche 12"??

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1292
they havnt come out with the avalanche 12 yet. It will be out very soon. Hey Joe I cant hook it up tonight because I havnt built the box yet but no worries I am all over it tomarrow. The speaker came today so I am gung-ho to get it in. I will keep ya posted man.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 964
Alright, cool.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Alex, specs are at www.ascendantaudio.com
they also have a phone # for order placement on the site

Bronze Member
Username: Volsrule2069

Post Number: 15
who makes avalanch? or are they their own brand or what.....link to website maybe?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 425
ascendant audio i believe

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 973
The link is right above you...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1301
Hey Joe I built the box today I am just waiting for the damn silicone to cure so I should have it in tomarrow if it doesnt snow to much. I hope it frigggin rains so I can get it in.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 993
Awwwwwww, So close. Sweet man. I'm in a pretty bad mood today becuase the guy that was gonna buy my guitar and amp backed out, he didn't even have the money. And nobody will buy any of my subs or amps around here. I am getting really fed up at people wanting something, and then they change their mind and go buy crap or I find out they didn't have the money. AHHHHH. I'm never gonna be able to upgrade my stuff. I'm going insane.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1307
I hear ya man that sucks.well I plan on getting this done today if this snow holds off a little bit. I am sooooo damn psyched I cant wait. I have wanted to her one of these for a long time. By the way this sub looks very very very nicce. If it sounds half as good as it looks I will be extremely happy. I was sooo close to taking my brahma out of its box and putting it in just for a little test run but I figured I would do this the right way and not let my anxiousness get the best of me.lol!

Bronze Member

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 36
wow amazing specs on the avalance. What do you guyz recommend, avalanch, or brahma?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1010
That's what we're waiting to see. James has a Brahma, and he just got an Avalanche. If he comes back and says the Avalanche IS all that it's cracked up to be, I might order one.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 931
hey alex, both

Bronze Member

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 38
well since i've heard a brahma in person, I would go for that one. that will be my next ssytem (2 months) becuase I have 2 type R's. I'll just go with one 15" Brahma.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1065
James, did ya get it in yet? I know you said if there's snow then you probably wouldn't. Not sure on how it is where you are, but in Michigan we got about 8 inches between yesterday and today. Just checking up on the Avalanche.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1333
Hey Joe, I got it installed today. Finally got the damn box built but this thing is like a tank. I havnt really gotten full throttle on it but it souns very very very nice. I put on Late night tip at a relatively low volume ok it was more like medium/high and it sounded absolutely amazing. It was very comparable to my Brahma. It almost sounds like the same sub. I cant wait to turn it up a little more tomarrow. I will keep you posted but as of now I would be on the phone with Chad cause I am giving it a "A"

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1335
yeah we got about 10in I was out all night plowing. it sucked but it puts the food on the table and pays for my Car audio habit. I feel like a junkie, a sub junkie. lol!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 603
HAHA!

Zac14
Unregistered guest
Definentally post up if its louder than a brahma or not, since I was going to buy a 15" brahma. If its louder/better, and $100 less, ill take one lol

Bronze Member
Username: Rob932

Post Number: 16
hey im thinkin about gettin an avalanche but i was just wonderin if it would be worth the money to get 2??

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1336
Hey robbie I wuld try one it should beJUST FINE :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
would one still be quite a bit louder and higher spl then 2 15" L5's, to go along w/ the better sound quality

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1338
I havnt even turned this sub up all the way and I have had a head ache since I got out of my truck. It is plenty loud. as far a being louder then two l5's I would have to say yes. Not to mention sound a ton better. Its like comparing a Gremlin to a vette.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
wut about 2 L7' and i know sound quality sucks but that isnt that important to me

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1342
I dont know robbie but it is very loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
good because i want very loud

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 170
Does it surpase the brahma or xx.x in spl?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1077
can you read?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1078
can you read?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 172
wow.....i'm stupid....didnt see that

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1079
lol

Bronze Member

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 39
well I guess i will be ordering an Avalenche my next paycheck. haha.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 935
i told you james, gimme some damn credit!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1345
yeah it is pretty nasty Hunter. I was just outside and I turned it up a little more and I am gonna have to tell you guys with the amount of power it sounds better then my brahma and they are both in 2.5 cu/ft sealed with 600 watts from my PPi a600.2 which is underrated also. I would call chad guys cause this sub is a WINNER.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1101
Yup. Awsome James, I think you've got me sold. Hey, next time you talk to Chad, if ever, ask him when he thinks the Avalanche 12 will come out.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 960
ha i knew they were a great company, but does anyone believe me no.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1347
I believe in you Hunter. I actually talked to him about that and he assured me they would be out very soon.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1190
Alright James, I got some questions, because I am eventually gonna buy an Avalanche, (just as soon as I sell my MotherF*cking guitar).

The Avalanche is dual 2 ohms, and you can wire it normally, unlike the Atlas, correct?

Secondly, I did sell my old system, so I can start amp shopping. I'm probably gonna go with a box size around 2.2 cf (the smaller the better, I have a dinky car), which is the recommended sealed size. I forgot what you said you had your Avalanche on... But what would you recommend for wattage? I'm thinking maybe, 600, 700 rms. It says you can run like 500 to it and it would stil sound good. I'm also debating on which would be better, or cost cheaper for an amp... wiring the Avalanche in series, and getting a 2 channel amp and bridging it, or wiring the sub in parallel and getting a mono that goes down to 1 ohm.

BTW, I'm gonna need to keep the amp cost below 300 bucks. Below 250 if possible, which I know by now probably isn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated man.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1489
ok Joe, yes unlike the Atlas you can wire the Aval any way you want. I am running it at 4ohms right now off my ppi a600.2 which is underrated but not much so I am prob pushing about 650 or so. It sounds amazing. I have it in a 2.5cu/ft sealed so 2.2 will work well also. as far as an amp there is a PPI a600 on ebay right now that might be a good buy for you it is a really sweet amp or you can get a Orion HCCA 250g4 all day long on ebay for $300 that wuld give it 900 @ 1ohm which chad told me would work well also especially if you are going to go with a sealed enclosure the extra power will hook you up. I would go class a/b if you could and stay away from the class d's if possible. Let me kow if there is anything else you need man. you will not be disapointed I promise you:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1191
Awsome, as for the Orion, should I go a little bit smaller, say the 2.2 over the 2.5 cf if I'm gonna be pushing 900 watts to it? I'm gonna go check out amps on ebay right now. I'd love to have an Orion amp. Any other good amps that would push the Avalanche well that anybody could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1491
well when I bought my sub I told chad that I was going to be running it off either my a600 or and orion 250g4 and he said that is an excellent choice of amp I might say. So when he gave me my specs I told him somewhere between 650-900 watts and the fact that I have an SUV he said go bigger but he said anywhere from 2-2.5 would be very nice. Just call him up he is an awsome guy and he is more then willing to talk to you about what your plans are and what type of car you have just shoot the SH!T with him.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1197
Yeah, I'm gonna call him when I get closer to buying one. I gotsa question about the Orion, how are the newer ORION 8002 amps? They put out 800 watts at 4 ohms.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1204

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1507
they are not as good as the older ones. the new ones are made by directed and are rated at 14.4 volts not 12 like the HCCA's

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1218
Yeah I noticed that, and yeah I figured that's what you'd say, lol.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1512
then why's you ask PUNK! :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1263
Well, you know absolutely every thing, so I figured I'd verify it. HAAAAA.

I just want to be sure on everything...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1514
yeah I hear ya man I was just F'in with ya that amp would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt for that sub I cant wait till I get mine although it sounds soooo damn good already I dont know how it could sound better. I guess I will wait to hear from you to see how it is. :-)

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1025
just punch him joe. james with his "i know everything" attitude. as.shole
i could have told you that joe.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1265
"I cant wait till I get mine"
You getting one too?

Yeah Hunter, I hate it when he thinks he's god, seesh.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1026
james= i dont have a life so i post on everything on this site. jk james, no but not really :-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1521
hey CUUM guzzler Hunter! I was wondering where you went to. I thought your mommy had you on lock down! lol! your right man I dont have a life dont ever get married and have kids cause you will turn into me! lol! yes Joe I am getting a 250g4 I am waiting on the guy to get in the new plugs for it. Isaac hooked me up with the same guy he got his from.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1268
Hmmm. That dude doesn't happen to have any more does he? Isaac has like 2 or 3 but he doesn't want to sell any, and he threatened to buy the rest off ebay if I didn't hurry up and get one.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1523
hahaha actually he might I will ask him next time I talk to him for you.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1270
Alright, thanks. How much are you getting yours for by the way?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1526
$300

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1027
ya i was on lock down.i pissed her off though, she was trying to talk to me while i was posting, and i wouldnt respond to her and i would give her an angry look everytime she said something. she kept on talking and talking, and then she got mad because i told her she talks too much. so now im not on lock down haha i already feel like im married and im only 18. might have gotten her pregnant too.(and no im not talkling about rupaul. i knew that one of you were going to try and say something)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1271
YOU GOT YOUR MOM PREGNANT?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1528
YOU ARE A SICK SICK BA$TARD MR WARREN! :-) the local authorities have been notified of your rude behavior. I knew that kind of sh!t went on in Kansas but I didnt know about New mexico.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1275
Every time I hear New Mexico I think of some guy named Sanchez sitting in a pueblo.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1029
no i think i got my girlfriend pregnant, god it is james mom. jeeese guys i thought you knew. hey james i prefer that you call me daddy, or big daddy. when i think of new mexico i think of a big sh!t hole that im stuck in. i think gkod just took a dump here and said hey it kinda looks like mexico(?) and named it new mexico. and then wiped his a.ss with arizona.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1278
Well, for your sake I hope she's not pregnant. And all this after we had that thread about con.doms. I guess you listen well.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1031
hey i gave advice on that thread. didnt have any and i was naked and so was she and i was really nervious and and it was good and and i lasted like 1 minute and and it was good and and i forgot that i can produce magical love lotion and and this was like my hundreth time havingwell you know...heeheehee it was awesome i was scaredand sweating really bad and i was really scared, but then she told me that i put it in her belly button and i was like oh my god i knew that and and it was really good

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 193
lmao

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1280
Here is his "advice"

Hunter Warren
Silver Member

farmington , nm
usa

Post Number: 971
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:50 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tires? i dont know i never use em' haha. i dont think so you can get them free at a public health place though. i hate them cuz they cut off circulation and make se.x like 10 hours longer.

Joe Smoe
Gold Member

Michigan
United States

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:51 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup, lol.

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:53 am:

isnt that a good thing if your trying to satisfy the biches

Joe Smoe
Gold Member

Michigan
United States

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 12:58 am:

Anybody else think it's time to kill this thread?

Hunter Warren
Silver Member

farmington , nm
usa

Post Number: 972
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 01:00 am:

no.....they lose the lubrication and then are very dry and burn the lovely ladys twat, not fun. just put it her a.ss

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1533
HOLY SH!T HUNTER lolololololol! lolololololol! aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh lolololol! but on a serious note dad I hope you didnt get her pregnant for real.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1282
I don't think you'll be buyin' subs for a while if she's knocked up.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1535
hey BIG DADDY, did you ever get your amp back by the way?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1039
lol. thats funny. nope not yet, i think tomorrow or im going postal. i installed dynamat today though. not hard but i didnt take much time though, doesnt look awesome. but im buying some edead soon so ill cover it up.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1541
nice

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1040
i dont think she is but im freaking out. nope no subs or anything. shell try and make me take out my system because its bad for the child, well ill tell her f*ck the "child" lets get an abortion, where are some stairs? im just kidding iw ould never do that and if she is ill probably be saying bye bye brahma:-( so i hope she isnt

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1543
yeah man it aint the end of the world. I wish you the best brother!

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1042
thanks, son.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3399
"no.....they lose the lubrication and then are very dry and burn the lovely ladys twat, not fun. just put it her a.ss"
I'm sure a baby's head doesn't feel much better to it :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1305
Everytime I think of child birth I cringe and grab my nards, thanking god that I have them. Lol. I can't imagine what it must feel like though...

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 312
I unfortunately asked that question..lol

thanks for the tips guys, she said she wouldnt take @nal and she wasnt in the mood for her "twat" so I made her give me a handjob.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1307
Heyyyyy Mike, a little too much information buddy.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1587
l

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1588
yeah seriously

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 313
I could tell you more if you like?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3402
"Everytime I think of child birth I cringe and grab my nards, thanking god that I have them. Lol. I can't imagine what it must feel like though..."

Everybody told me that childbirth was one of the most miraculous things to witness, so I got excited about it. Needless to say I shudder at the thought of witnessing it again, the baby's head combined with everything stretching out just makes that place in my stomach turn knots and be thankful that a kidney stone is the worst thing I'll go through. I understand why expecting dads used to stay outside the room pacing floors and smoking cigarettes.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1593
hahahahaha I hear ya man I was lucky enough to have to endure that sight twice lol:-) i think people say that it is miraculious because after the fact when everything is all cleaned up that is miraculious and paople just forget about the whole horrid process lol I think guys just tell that to other guys so they will expierience the same thing they did hahaha its like yeah man its the greatest thing you will ever see.......SUCKER!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us