Need some help!

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 78
ok i made a box for 2 12w3 subwooferws and they sound good with some songs and then they suck on some others but i heard that jl is like one of the best subs so should i put some of that stuffing in the box would that help or what?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1681
what amp do you have running them,what type of enclosure,cu/ft of enclosure,and what car?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
ok a pioneer 750 a 3 ft cubic sealed box and they are in a single cab truck

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1683
well everything seems ok so I have no idea. Who built your box are your sure it is completely sealed? I wouldnt use polyfill because it only makes your sub think it is in an enclosure bigger then it is really in. At 1.5 you are on the edge already of the cu/ft required from JL. What is your x-over set at? I am just trying to narrow things down ya know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
i dont know what it is set at but when it hits it sounds real punchy and sort of like it is bottoming out

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1684
do you have seperate chambers or shared chamber? who built the box? are you sure it is 3cu/ft? thats a pretty big box for a single cab truck.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 315
every bass note is different, some sound better then others depending on what type of box you have nothin you can really do about it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1689
yeah but it shouldnt sound like it is bottoming out unless something is not built to specs or you are feeding it to much power which he is 'nt so that is why you sould check with the enclosure. It isnt hard to build a sealed enclosure but that seems a little big for a standard cab truck. I have a 2.5cu/ft box in my jeep and it is pretty big.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i built it i might not have it just right do u knoow anywhere that i can get a box for a single cab truck of the internet

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1691
ummmm you can try sub-zone but you might want to take a ride down to you local audio store and see if they can make you one up for a few hundred bucks. What are the dimensions of your box? the only thing that would make them punchy then bottom out is being in a enclosure that is too small for them.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Check the LPF...to see if that is your problem switch the amp from low pass to full range..if it sounds good there you need to set your low pass filter.If i set mine too low, the bass is weak and hard bass makes the subs silently bottom out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us