Can't decide

Username: Makavelie187

Concord, California Usa

Post Number: 6
i am on a budget and i listen to rap music so i would like SQ over SLP but i also want that mega bass for rap, but i was originaly going to get the 12" alpine SWE-1241 i have reviwed them and there good speakers by everyone that has bought them and i found a special buy one get one free for 99$, i also found a factory renewed(refurbished) kicker S15L7 L7 sub which pushes 1000 rms 2k peak. i don't need any sound competition but i found the kicker so cheap and the company has to test it so it obviously works and the warenty is there can't decide, which subs and why please thanks.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1628
well if you are looking for deep low bass for rap then the Alpine's will not give it to you. Those are their bottom line of sub and are not very good. I would try to find 1 swr 15 if thats the type of bass you want. now for the L7 I dont like those subs at all and dont recomend them brand new, especially refurbished. Refurbished means they have been abused by someone else and then they fixed the only part that was broken so all the other parts are still abused. I would look into Image Dynamics,Ascendant audio(atlas),or the Alpine type R. I would go with 1 15 if I were you not 2-12's that way you can get a little better speaker for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 841
Exactly what James said. That is the bottom sub, the type R is pretty cheap, and lots better.
The kicker also won't give you any sq. It will get loud though. Just make sure it has a good warranty..

Concord, California Usa

Post Number: 7
ya the kicker was only 197 n it came with a warenty still

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1646
for $200 you can do better then that L7

Concord, California Usa

Post Number: 8
i c where are some good web sites to buy subs off of maby i am surching the wrong ones?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1649
Ebay will get you the best deals. If not though check out www.sounddomain.com or www.reaudio.com www.imagedynamicsusa.com www.alpine-usa.com find something you like then check EBAY

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 846
www.sonicelectronix.com has some of the cheapest prices I've found as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 80
dont go to sonicelectronix. i tried to order subs from them and they really messed up the order then kept lying to me about it and wouldnt send me the right stuff so i had to get my money back and send the subs back. i ended up getting alpine type Es off crutchfield for cheap.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 856
That's where I got my stuff, I had no problem what so ever. I thought they handled it grate!
Sorry, you either had a bad experence, or I just got lucky!:-) I ordered almost my whole system from them, 2 RF amp's, 2 Rf sub's, Pioneer Premeer HU.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 975
soniic was good to me, i ordered an audiobahn amp there, amp arrived and my friend cooked it the 2nd day i had it installed, i sent the amp back to em, gave me a new one, i only had to pay shipping 1 way...like 19 bucks

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 16
u can buy 1 15" type R off ebay for 170 all day long. Grab that and run with it

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 867
Sorry, I believe it is cheaper at sonicelectronix.com

Username: Flipconvict

Post Number: 3
Look into Phoenix gold as well, although they are expensive and the price is crazily inflated, they are good for SQ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us