A little help here

Username: Runyon_ave

Grand haven, Michigan United States

Post Number: 2
OK im beginning to get real pissed off ok i have 2 12' audiobahn subwoofers 2000 watts each so 4000 watts total and i have a boss pd3000 amp 3000 watts and ya it hits real hard in my car but my friend has 4 Pioneer subwoofers dont know how much wattage but with 2 amps that are 800 each so his is 1600watts with mine being 3000watts and his hits a ton harder than mine why is this? please email me if you know because im lost at it St_Lunatic28@hotmail.com thanks

Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 2
well im new to the car audio scene and learning every day but i would have to say that he is pushing way more air than your 2 12s

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 59
More power doesn't always mean a louder system. And a 3000 watt boss amp WON'T put out 3000 watts. There are lots of factors that determine how loud your system will be; the vehicle type, install, quality of components all factor in to it.

Post Number: 4
How much do you think its pushing out then? and what can i do to make it louder because i wanna push out 3000 watts

Post Number: 5
I have an 87 ford thunderbird and my system is loud like it seems like even if the boss isnt pushing out 3000 watts it should be pushing out more than 1600 i would have to think what could i do to up this and make it more powerful

Post Number: 6
Hey could someone help me out with this problem

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 126
you should buy a different amp if you want it to be louder. boss makes bad quality amps. they overrate their products. but one thing that you could try is to buy a bigger alternator and a cap. this should help make it a bit louder.

also, you could wire your subs differently, what is the ohm rating on those subs?

Post Number: 7
well i wired it to 1 ohm on the amp so its putting out 1000x2 how would i get it down to 1/2 ohm so it would put it at 1500x2?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1375
I don't think that Boss will operated won to .5 ohms.

Post Number: 8
Yea it does check out the pd3000 boss amp on bossaudio.com and they should tell you on there it operates at 1/2 ohm for 1500x2

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1379
Ok, I wasn't sure, just figured it couldn't since it was Boss. I'm not sure how well it will run at .5 ohms, it will probably overheat after a while. You could try it though.

Unregistered guest
i have 2 15's and they work like regular subs on a reguler house stereo but in my car (with out any amps) they dont seem to work very good at all why is this??

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 766
haha..thats because they arent getting nearly as much power as they should...they are prolly getting like 20 watts lol....

Unregistered guest
ok so then if i want to get good quality sound out of my car how many watts should an amp be to do this??

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 246
The amount of power you have in your car doesnt mean nothing at all to how good its going to sound. Just make sure your're supplying the subs with how much rms of clean power they want. And make sure your alternator can handle the power. Just becasue you have an amp that says it's going tp put out the power you need, and you're alternator cant supply it, its going to give your sub dc voltage which is reffered to as "clipping" which will blow your subs, eventually drain you battery and whole charging system, which could put a hurt on your car as well as your pockets

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 770
corkey....what kind of subs are they

Corkey
Unregistered guest
pyramids phase three and all iwant is them to make nmore noise than they do i dont care if i drane the battery cause my car isnt gonna be goin n e where for a little wile and its always on the charger

Corkey
Unregistered guest
and i dont have any amps right now except a 120 what 2 channel equalizer and all that does is make every thing fuzzy and dont even think it works

Corkey
Unregistered guest
i dont have any amps except for a 120 watt 2 channel equalizer that i dont even know if it works when i use it it shows power but doesnt make any thing souvd any different, and it worked in my dads car but in mine it makes it sound fuzzy unless im hooking it up rong

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 772
your so helpless

Corkey
Unregistered guest
yea and im new to this stuff too and just tryin to make some noise

Corkey
Unregistered guest
ok i got my subs hooked up to the regular speakers and the regular speakers still hooked up as well if i hook up an amp woult it be bad to leave the regular speakers hooked up with the subs?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1404
What???? What is everything hooked up to? Your radio, a headunit, your equilizer or whatever, a fricken portable cd player???? What the heck Corky.... lol

Corkey
Unregistered guest
its in my '93 buick before i do any thing to it i want a system and i got it all hooked up to the stock radio if i tried to put a head unit in it it would go sumplace odd if u seen what a buicks dash looked like u would think funny things too

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1408
OK.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
well... is it a bad thing or what??

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 773
well...i dont know if im speaking for joe or not...he might know...but honestly..i dont think i have ANY IDEA what you have done so far

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1410
Corkey, you should just go out and buy a really cheap amp off ebay or something.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
i want to do that i just want to know how many watts it should have for 2 15's

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1418
Well how many watts are the 15's? And are they single voice coil, or dual voice coi, and at how many ohms.

Corkey
Unregistered guest
i dont know all that cuz my brother gave them to me but i do know that there pyramid phase 3 tenna's i dunno if thats any help but voice coil? when there on with a home entertainment peice voice cant be heard really all that well at all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us