Wow im clueless

Bronze Member
Username: Peerlessexample

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 15
i'm pretty sure im replacing my amp/box/sub.
I don't care about the loudness... Pure SQ.
1 sub. What brand? size?
what are good brands...? JL, Ascendent audio, RE, Eclipse, Alpine... what else?

Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 5
as u can tell by my name im gonna say alpine. The type R(old version) is a great sub for SQ and SPL for the money. You can buy 1 12" for 100 dollars on ebay with the factory warranty sealed in the box.

Bronze Member

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 20
well id almost rather make my own box... just for the personal satifaction... lol but can you compare it to jl?

I need to go listen to subs so i know partly what im talking about.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 11
depends on how much u wanna spend i guess

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 43
infiniti and image dynamics should be on that list as well.. alot cheaper than what the jl, re, or eclipse will run you.. but then again it all depends on the model..

based off your first post i take it your mentioning the names becuase your reading posts and not becuase you actually have first hand knowledge of the companies.. i would stick to the infinti or highly reconmend the image dynamics.. great SQ sub. If you have the room for 1 sub.. make it a 12"

Bronze Member

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 21
I want a jl w6v2 quality sub.... if another company makes a nice sub like that for cheaper... id definately look into it. ill look into those subs. which model? most companys have low end subs and super nice subs. im gonna go look around for them. Thanks

Bronze Member

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 22
whats the differance between buying a 2 ohm or 4 ohm sub? whats actually differant on the sub?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 763
usually its so that you can wire it to certain amps...say your sub is 1000 watts peak and 500 rms....if you have an amp that is 2 ohm stable and it is 500 watts at 2 ohms...and 250 watts at 4 ohm....if the sub is 4 ohms it can only get the 250 watts...but if your sub is 2 ohms you can get that whole load...thats if its SVC...if its DVC...if you get a DVC 4 ohm sub....then you can wire it in parralleel and get 2 ohms or wire it in series and get an 8 ohm load

Bronze Member

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 25
i love you. all that actually made sense...

SWEET... im a retard!

thanks tho

now... Why would you buy a 2 channel amp to power a sub if its just going to be bridged? isnt 2 channel more expensive for no reason?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1355
Remember that when most 2 channels are bridged it's in 4 ohms. If you have had (1) SVC 4 ohm driver, than a 2 channel amp would be the way to go. Other than that I would recommend a mono block.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us