I have a few questions...

Username: Peerlessexample

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 7
You guys keep talking about an RE X.X.X. i have never heard of it and i cant find it on any sites. is it a new company like acendant audio?

what makes one amp better than another?

whats the differance between wiring in parallel or in series?

In my car, i have a rockford fosgate 75 2 channel punch. 150 watts continuous and 320 max. it was running a version 1 jl w6 but it blew (old, pushed 2 hard). could that amp decently power a new nice 10 inch sub or should i replace it? if so, what should i replace it with to power a 10" w3 or w6?
ive got $300 right now with about $100 dollars more per week.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 824
Re can be found at www.reaudio.com that is the only place. Series, or parelal has to do with the ohm's on you're amp.

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 8
so RE makes some kickass subs? good sq?

why havent i heard of them? none of my friends have either... would anyplace around here have one i could hear? (wichita, kansas)

ps... whats spl?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 831
Spl stand's for sound presure level. Yes, they have grate sq. No, more than likely there won't be one in a shop near you. You have to order them strate from the factory. The only reason you haven't heard of them, is there not mass produced like other companies like Sony for example. Normally when a company mass produces it's product's, the build quality goes down the crapper.:-)
You will have to send them an e-mail or something to see where the nearest dealer is.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 160
RE makes great subs. you really ought to consider getting an amp with some more power to run your sub, but if you must stay with the one you have, Resonant Engineering's entry level sub the "RE" line, is 175 watts RMS.

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 9
how would a 10 inch RE compare to a w3 or w7 and how much would one cost? whats that max power it can take?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 832
Max power rating's mean nothing. You go by rms ratings. What 10 are you talking about?

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 10
oh... alright but if my amp can put out 300 watts max but the sub can only handle 250.... can i blow it?

10 inch RE.re. my bad

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 834
You're amp, put's out 150 watt's rms, that sub I believe is 75 watt's rms. As you can see, you are pushing twice it's recomended rating. I really don't know if it will be able to handle it.
An amp, will more than likely never push it's peak, or max power. Rms means, constant power. That is the number's you will actually be getting.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 835
What ohm's is that amp pushing 150 watt's?

Bronze Member

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 11
150 watts at 4 ohms.
the sub is 175.

anyone know how deep that sub is and how it sounds?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 161
dont worry about max ratings. compare RMS to RMS and you'll be fine. your amp would work good with that sub. if anything, you could give the RE.re a little more power.

oops, i just noticed that those subs are dual 4 ohm. i'm guessing your amp is only stable down to 4 ohms bridged, right? if so, that wouldnt work. one of those subs can only give you a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load. my bad, should've noticed that.

how about getting a new amp? you could get an Atlas 12 from www.ascendantaudio.com and a 2 channel amp that puts out 300 watt RMS bridged for about $300 total. that will sound MUCH better.

Bronze Member

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 12
whats dual 4 ohm mean?
the sub that was in it was a w6v1. it said the nominal impedence was dual 6 ohm. is that the same?

what is the differance between single and dual voice coils?

so finally i think i understand this wiring deal... You wire voice coils in series when your amp puts out too much power for your subs and in parallel when you want the most power going to the subs?

and i would get an atlas 12 but i want to get a sub that can fit in my jl stealth box... that would be a 10 inch sub.

lets just say i wanted to replace my box, sub, and amp. I would sell my stealth box for a nissan maxima and a 5 year old rockford fosgate 75.2 punch... what would yall suggest i replace it with?

Bronze Member

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 13
is there anyone that has like AIM and a lot of patience? i really want to understand this stuff but so many people are giving there 2 cents and its makin it hard.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 838
The voice coil's just gives you more wiring option's. You pretty much have the series and paralel thing down.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 972
www.bcae1.com everything you'll need to know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us