Jonathan or somebody....

Anonymous

okay i was wondering... if you look at the specs for a 13w7 ported box on JLs site...

http://jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/13W7_MAN.pdf

what would happen if you changed the width to 24 inches an increase the depth to 17.75" ... also you moved the extension length part of the port back so it was 2 inches from the back wall... therefore keeping the same volume .. so i think that would also increase slot length by 1.25 inches... what would this do to the port tuning and what do you think the outcome would be?

please help me out thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3413
1.25" isn't a huge amount, keeping the same internal volume and adding 1.25" of length, you'd lower the tuning a tad, but nothing drastic and hugely noticeable.

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 51
as long as the port area stays the same, it should be close to the same specs. w7's are pretty forgiving subs. just try it, see if you like it and adjust if you feel the need.

Anonymous

so say it lowers the tuneing to 28 Hz ... how would i bring it up to 32 Hz (as i believe team audio itch has his hitting 150.4db at 32Hz and 32Hz should still have good SQ right?) would i widen the slot width or something? and by how much?

and thanks alot guys for the response

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3415
You would shorten the port length in order to raise tuning.

Anonymous

oh alright... thanks a ton
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us