How good is the Infinity Perfect 12.1 Subwoofer?

Username: Creative

CA USA

Post Number: 3
I m planning to buy the Infinity Perfect 12.1 Subwoofer. How good is that sub and would you guys recommend it? How is the sound quality like?

http://www.outpost.com/servlet/Zeus/product/4169203

And how much better is the Infinity Perfect 12.1D than the Infinity Perfect 12.1? Or is it even better, what's the difference?

I plan to get the MRDM301 - Alpine 1 Ch. 500 Watt Amplifier with the one 12' infinity. So tell me what you guys think. Thank You

CA USA

Post Number: 4
And Should I used a Sealed or Ported Box for the sub? I hear the custom boxs have better sound quality if they make it accordingly to the subs specs.

Bronze Member
Username: Minime80

Post Number: 47
The main difference between the 12.1 and the 12.1D is that the 12.1D is a dual voice coil and the 12.1 is a single voice coil. Most people prefer the 12.1D because it can be wired to 2 ohms which is where most amps put out the most watts. The perfects are really the best suited for a sealed enclosure made to spec.

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 24
agreed nick. i have two and i love them. build a box to the specs theyu give you, and you can't go wrong. have fun!

goon

CA USA

Post Number: 5
howie feltersnatch , do you have the 12.1 or the 12.1D? Well I plan to only get one sub so do you guys think I should just get the 12.1 and plus my local frys don't have the 12.1D.

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 26
i have the 12.1d, simply because it's dual voice coil and it can be run down to 2ohms...i think. either way it's a great speaker. just build the box to the recomended specs, and you will be pleased.

goon

CA USA

Post Number: 10
How loud is this sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us