Ok, this is for the EXPERIENCED!

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 84
What kind of music sounds best on car subs? I listen to primarily EVERY form of metal except death, and some of that thrashy stuff. I also like rock, and 70's rock. I know people around here get them just for rap. My friend said why even bother get subs for that kind of music(metal). Is there something wrong with listening to my kind of music with subs, and what sounds best?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1608
there is no type of music that sounds better then others its all personal prefference. Your friend is dead wrong by the way some metal has some extremely deep double bass notes that are swwweeeeeeeeeetttttt. Korn is one of these bands that sound amazing with a system. They sound good with all genre's of music,jass,classical,country,rap,rock,blues,reggae,everything sounds nice with low fill.

Bronze Member
Username: Minime80

Post Number: 46
I think the problem people have with rock is that the bass in it is really fast and the cheaper systems (that most people have) can't keep up so it doesn't sound as good as rap that has the big fat BOOOOOM's. If you have a good system though it won't matter, like james said, everything will sound good. My favorite band to show off a system right now is going to have to be Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine... that has some seriously sweeeet bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
I like bands such as Dead to Fall, Between the Buried and Me, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Black Sabbath, AC/CD, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin, MAROON 5 LOL, Breaking Benjamin(A favorite), Evanescence, 3 Doors Down, Rammstein, Chevelle, Lou Bega's ONE CD, and Linkin Park. I do like SOME rap, usually the pop rap that doesn't sound too crappy. Primarily Eminem though. Anyone had experience with any of those bands on subs and how they sound?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1609
linkinpark gets tons of play in my car I think it sounds fantastic.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1326
Yeah, I like Linkin played on a good system. Korn sounds amazing by the way.

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 46
I have to agree, if you don't have a well-balanced system, mixed with mids and highs, we metal-listeners wouldn't have a prayer. I tend to listen to a lot of similar stuff: Evanescence, Shinedown, Linkin Park(of course)and Motley Crue, to name a few I even play a lil' Metallica every now and then. I did have to keep upgrading my equipment until I had the balance somewhat decent. Another misconception of Rap-listeners is that they claim the bass is so much CLEANER. Thank the inventors of monoblock amplifiers!

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Yea, people may think so, but Rap actually doesn't have as low of a frequency as other music. If that sounds really stupid, I'm very tired lol.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1339
What else can you think of that goes lower than some rap songs?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3409
Really, I haven't heard a single genre of music that my ID Max can't handle perfectly. And yes, subs can be bought for things other than rap. Typically the ones that buy subs for music such as classical, rock, etc are the ones that choose the best SQ systems because these types of music are so varied in the bass produced.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3410
And really rap has some of the "dirtiest" bass out there, you look at a signal on a rap CD, it is boosted so high that you have clipping on the recorded material. Most rap prides itself in the 60hz region, while a few tracks may drop to 30hz or so, but VERY few.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1340
Well, now that I think about it you are right Jonathan. Most of it does seem kinda high actually, which explains a lot of it being very loud and annoying. I can think of some songs that go very low though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us