Good amp for type x's??

Anonymous

I am going to be buying two alpine type x's (SWX-1242D)verry soon here and I need some advise on an amp/amps to power them. The subs are 12 inch, and have dual 4 ohm voice coils, and have a power rateing of 500-1000 watts rms(500 watts per coil) and peak at 3000 watts. I am not sure if I only need one amp, or if it will be better with two? Either way I need the amp/amps to be powerfull enough to make the subs scream, and the subs will be played long and hard so I need a amp that won't overheat being played on high for a long period of time. I would like something reasonible in price, but a name brand quality product. And prefibly fan cooled. If anyone who is experienced with systems would like to share your comments I would appreciate them. Thanks!!!

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Orion 2500D or 2x orion 1200D...your choice. Your best bet is to run two 1000 watt monob amps (RMS) ...i personally reccomend the orions but almost every descent company makes 1000 watt monoblocks...you could look at kicker, alpine, Kaption, Memphis, Rockford, MTX etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us