Help...

Unregistered guest
i am planning on buying 2 Alpine SWR-1041D subs, and i was wondering weither my old lanzar vibe250 could handle this?It is a 1000watt max 2 channel amp,and is 2ohm stable, 250watts x 2 rms. The Alpine SWR-1041D's rms rating is 300watts, so i am 50watts short. it is also a dual voice coil. i am kind of confused, but not, i understand hooking the subs in paralell, but i would like to see all of the possibilities before going out and buying this, and possibly setting it up wrong. i also plan to make a fiberglass subwhoofer enclosure if that makes a difference.
thanks alot
-Mini

Bronze Member
Username: Bass_lover

Post Number: 16
get a higher wattage amp, dual voice coils deserve speacial attention

Unregistered guest
will do, can someone gimme a good amp to go with those subs...a good amp, i'll sell this one i have...should be good. i just got out of school, so money isnt really a problem. any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Bass_lover

Post Number: 18
I hear good things about the JBL BP600.1 it sounds like a really powerfull amplifier. Also when wiring your sub (the dual voice coil one)you wire the + on one side of the sub to the + terminal on the amp and the - on the opposite side of the sub to the negitive terminal on the amp this way your sub will ROCK!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us