Amplifier and ohms

Username: Jaudiofreak

Ohio

Post Number: 1
I have 2 boss rdt500d at (4ohm) 900w RMS,(2ohm) 1,500 RMS and I have 2 audiobahn ALUMQ12 at 1,000W RMS Dual (6 Ohm). I was wondering when you brige amps does the subwoofer ohms drop? also I want to know if you think that I should bridge both my amps and run each one to one sub? If I can should I run all of my power,and ground cables to the battery? and RCA cables to the head unit I have a Panasonic MXE CQ-C5210U it has (3 pair of preamp outputs) and (sub preamp outputs).

Ohio

Post Number: 2
I have 2 boss rdt500d at (4ohm) 900w RMS,(2ohm) 1,500 RMS and I have 2 audiobahn ALUMQ12 at 1,000W RMS Dual (6 Ohm). I was wondering when you brige amps does the subwoofer ohms drop? also I want to know if you think that I should bridge both my amps and run each one to one sub? If I can should I run all of my power,and ground cables to the battery? and RCA cables to the head unit I have a Panasonic MXE CQ-C5210U it has (3 pair of preamp outputs) and (sub preamp outputs).

Bronze Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Post Number: 17
If the amps are 2 ohm stable u should be able to wire the subs voicecoils in series to achieve a 3 ohm load to each amp. There is no need to run a ground wire all the way to your battery. Just find a good place to bolt it to your frame. A popular place is to use the bolt that conects the seat belt to the frame. BTW those boss amps are very over rated. To find actuall wattage output multiply the amplifiers total fuse rating(in ampere) by 12(volts) and subtract inefficiencies(class d = - 20%, AB = - 40%)

Ohio

Post Number: 5
which is the best amp to run?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us