Alt Big enough??

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 378
well...i emailed some places and i found...the biggest alt i can get is 150 and it will be 239+ shipping....but will a 150 alt be big enough to handle...my underbody kit...my inside neons....and my ed nine.1 and 15 inch ti...also..if i get a new alt...do i need a new battery or can i skip that and it will still run great...if i have to get a new battery...i was told a drycell would be better than the yellow optima??? true???

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 211
my buddy has been running 1600 watts rms, a smoke machine, a mini refrigerator, a PS 2, and interior neons all of of his stock alternator in his 1999 s10...and hes been using it for over a year now...all he has is a deep cycle battery....and he doesnt even get the lights dimming.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 937
You should be ok with the 150 amp. I would definitely not go any smaller though.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 384
awesome guys..i just dont want my lights to dim...and i want to get the most power possible into that amp...and what about the batteries?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 400
first off....i dont want to buy one...but doi need a new bat...will my stock one be perfectly fine and run the amp perfect and everything else or ...if i do have to buy one...what would be the best bet

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 952
I think you'd be ok with the stock battery, but a new one is always a good idea. Probably an Optima Yellow or Red Top.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 402
what about a deep cycle or dry cell i think its called

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 956
The optima's are deep cycle.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 404
well are there any cheaper alternatives

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 958
Probably, but I'm gonna go to bed, lol. I'll talk to you guys later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us