Sub and amp question

Username: Ckdale8

Griffin, GA USA

Post Number: 2
Hey guys... I am buying two audiobahn alum10q subwoofers. I need to know what type of amp to buy to power these subs. how many watts should the amp be? how many channels? I am clueless really. This is my first try at car audio. Also, do i need a capacitor and if so what size... any help would be awesome.

Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 7
you just need to look online or at the spec sheet witht he subs and match the wattage. its best imo to run class D mono amps with subs and in your case you could run 1 or 2 amps (one for each sub). 2 amps will be more efficient. a cap is always nice to have, you'll put less stress on your electrical system and get a lil more out of the amp(s). typically 1 farad for every 1000 watts but its always good to have more then you need at the amp's disposal.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 655
A cap put's more stress on your charging system. If your alternator can't keep up, then it is going to have to work even harder to charge the cap too!
The alum's are 6 ohm dvc, so it is going to be hard to match an amp. Your best bet is to git 2 amp's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1273
yup Taylor is right.those subs are going to run a 3ohm load on your amp. Now the amp that you purchase will not give you a 3ohm rating so you are going to have to do some math. if it is 200@4ohms and 400@2ohms then it is 300@3ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us