Ohms load

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 47
I am thinking about getting my alpines as 2+2 ohms.. whats the difference betweens these and the 4+4 ohms. I don't really get it, i haven't gotten an amp yet, but i am going to want to put about 400 watts RMS into each sub (2 12's r's) and have the amp put out around 800 RMS, with like a 1200 peak.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1240
well your gonna want to get the dual 2ohm subs. run them in series at 2ohms. actually you can get the dual 4ohm subs and run them the same way at 4ohms but your amp is gonna cost more.

Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 5
http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html

Username: Gakel05

Florida Usa

Post Number: 1
what is sq and sql?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 74
SQ=sound quality
and SQL if basically saying that the subwoofer is both a SPL (sound pressure level) and SQ sub
aka it gets loud while still sounding good

Florida Usa

Post Number: 2
i just purchased 2 jl 12w7's and 2 1000/1 jl amp for each sub, this will be in a trunk of a lexus is 300, it is being installed right now, they are building a ported box and faceing it towards the back seat, do you think this will create a lot of sq and sql

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 8
typically sealed and forward is for SQ and ported and rear fireing is spl but W7's have pretty goos SQ either setup

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 9
good* sorry

Florida Usa

Post Number: 3
we just put 2 12 w6v2's, off 1 1000/1 jl amp, it sound horrible, i had to take it back and try to work up another set up, the problem i am having is that my car has a metal plate behine the backseat, so the trunk is completely surronded by metal, and we are having a hard time getting air pressure into the cab, do you think the set up i listed before would help w/ that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us