Shallow depth sub

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 126
My friend is looking for a 10" sub with a very shallow mounting depth (< or = around 5"). I've taken up the task of looking at different subs for him, as i have nothing better to do. So far ive looked at Adire Koda 10, a/d/s 2 series (3 series i believe is too big), Infinity kappa perfect 10.1, Jl 10w3v2, (also morel, mb quart, R.E., Focal, DLS, Boston Acoustics, and Orion. but it seemed like those were either too big or not the greatest of quality). Anyone have any ideas of a good sub ranging from $150-300, with a mounting depth of < or = about 5". Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 881
i know that pioneer makes a shallow sub and so does blaubunkt. not sure on the names, becvause i dont need one, but there is a start i guess

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1243
so none of the brands you named would fit or would they?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 384
RE's RE series subs of JL w1v2's should do the trick.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 385
RE's RE series subs or JL w1v2's should do the trick.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 386
i looked on JL's site man...10" w1v2's should do the trick. Their mounting depth is 4.34". (150wrms)

RE doesnt list the mounting depth on the RE line...but i'm pretty sure they are under 5".

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 127
Im just a little worried about lower model subs. I don't think he would be up for jl w1v2 model. Basically what im looking for for him is a quality sub thats just on the small size. Ive suggested that he just go down to a 8", but he doesn't want to do that. And yes james most of the subs fit. Like i know for sure that the adire koda's and the mb quart refrence both fit. I also belive that the a/d/s 2 series fit, but i can't remember about the others, there are too many subs to remember.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us