Myth?

JL is the Best
Unregistered guest
I am getting two 12 W7 Subs. My friend was telling me that this could break my glass. He says it happened to one of his friends. I didn't believe him, but now I am having second thoughts. I have a small suv. Is this possible it could break my glass or is just a myth?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 749
Myth. Sometimes guys in competition can break their glass, but that's from like 160 db's. If you crank her up loud and have good boxes built and good amps running the 12w7's, you will probably see your windows seperating from the seal some. I don't think you'd blow them out though.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3334
Unless your car has really, really crappy glass on it, no. Think about it in a practical manner, all the hail that falls on cars, stuff like that, most subs don't put out that much pressure (until you get into serious SPL comps, etc). Even if you look at people that trash cars and beat them with sledge hammers and such, it takes a pretty good whack to crack a windshield to the point of breaking.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1085
yeah. I have seen windshields that already have a hairline crack in them have the crack shoot across the entire windshield but that about it I have never seen a window shatter live before. Or spider should I say cause they cant shatter.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 257
you dont think i would have any glass problems with 2 Image Dynamics 15" IDQ's??? Just curious.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 760
No way man. Your fine.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1106
no none your good.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 424
ive shattered my window with an audiobahn before, and thats just off my head unit

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1122
wow erik what model so I can go get it.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 426
lol hu or audioblah sub?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 374
erik...

how hard did you have to throw the sub??? :-)

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 776
Guys guys guys. The cone shot off the sub and it was the specail all chrome edition, so the cone was chrome and it broke the window. Duhhhh.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us