Need HELP with box

Username: 03civ

Post Number: 1
I have 2 12"alpine type R's. Im looking to build a ported enclosure but not sure on what the specs should be, i hear ppl say theyre good in 1.75 cubic feet, 2.5 cubic feet, and all sorts of different port specs. I just wana know what the optimum ported enclosure for 2 12" DVC 4 ohm type r's is

Post Number: 3
ive looked all over for the right box and cant find specs that would best fit the size i have to work with. mind you i have a civic coupe, ive found perfect enclosure specs but it would be like 12" too wide, im looking for something no wider than 35"

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1013
whats the cu/ft on the enclosure specs you found?

Post Number: 4
1.75 cu. ft. per sub

Post Number: 5
i just wanted to know the optimum enclosure and the specs, im not sure if i should go with sealed ported or bandpass

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1015
well I have heard those subs in sealed and ported. I would not recomend bandpass. Ported with your amount of space is tough unless you can get someone to custom build you a box. I would go sealed at like 1 cu/ft per sub. This is the way I like the type R's the best but it is all a matter of your ears not mine. Is there any way you can hear them in sealed vs ported?

Post Number: 6
no, i have them in a sealed box right now thats only 1 compartment and i have a real sh##ty amp, im gettin the hifonics brutus bx1000d which should give em decent power, so maybe a 2 compartment sealed box will be best? And i looked at the alpine site, it says anywheres between .75-1.75 is good for ported, will ported make them hit harder?

Post Number: 7
Upload
what if i build a box like this, each compartment 17" wide, 17" deep, 16" high with a port like this, would that be okay? ive never built a ported box, so im not sure if this is even right lol

Post Number: 8
if ported would be best, which is better - long rectangular ports that extend into the box or small round ports?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1018
I have heard them in the q logic type 2 box I believe it is the one where it can be ported or sealed. I heard it ported and it sounded pretty good it was in 1.25 ported. You can pick up that box at any best buy they are kind of expensive I bet you can find something cheaper online. try www.bigdog.com

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 761
how deep do you have to work with. i have built a dual enclosure that is 34 wide but it was 18 deep and 14 tall. that ported box might sound kind of wierd. not sure what it would be tuned too. if anything that will be a sq box for sure. usually normal ported boxes look like thisUpload

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 762
ps. i suck at using paint.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us