Newbie subwoofer ?

Unregistered guest
Whats up Fella's / Ladied, I'm new to the board, I'm looking for some advice from someone other than a salesman trying to make a comission off of me. What would sound better two good subs (MTX 7500) or just one great sub (REAUDIO TRIPPLE X)for everyday use street pounding?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1006
1 REXXX with the proper enclosure and power will sound much better SQ wise and Do to the amount of added x-max it should be louder as well.

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reply, I have tons of trunk space in a 2003 Dodge Intrepid, and I can fit just about any enclosure I want. Does RE supply specifications for their woofer enclosures, or does everybody do "custom" designed boxes? I havent purchased subwoofers for a long time and the last time I did buy everybody said its all about moving air, the more subs the better. At the local shop here I heard (2) 12" JLW3's sound better than a JL W7 12" in a sound room. However I dont know what the amp rating if subs were in proper enclosures. Thats why I wondered if one awsome subs were better than two decent subs. In the soundroom two lesser subs sound better.

Anonymous

I heard that some companies setup the sound rooms so the subs that they want to sell sound better. like you said, different boxes, different amps, bad crossover setup.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1012
RE will give you specs on the proper enclosure for that sub. Yes you are right in one aspect of moving air the more air you move the better but every speaker has a different x-max which results in the amount of air a speaker can move. If you have 2-12's with a x-max of 10mm or 1-15 with a x-max of 30mm the 15 is going to move a good amount more air thus being louder. The REXXX 15 is a great great sub highly recomended by many. Much more than the MTX especially the lower 7500 level.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us