W6v2s or w7s?

Anonymous

should i go with (2) 13W7s with a 1000/1 each or (4) 12 (maybe 13) W6v2s with a 1000/1 a pair (4 subs two 1000/1s) which should have better SQ? SPL?

let me know what ya think thanks

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 572
If you have the money, and don't care, go with the 13w7's.
Now if you don't want to spend every last dime, go with the w6's, not much of a difference, considering the price.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 28
the 12 inch w6 has the best sq of the group. the w7's hit harder though. there is a review on the w6 at car audio and electronics.com. they calll the 12inch w6 the best sounding sub they have ever heard. when i went to the local dealer to buy my w7's he even told me the 12inch the w6 had the best sq of the group

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 579
True, true.

Anonymous

thanks guys...

so the 12W6v2 has better SQ ... how could 4 of them keep up with 2 13w7s in SPL?

( each 13w7 has a 1000/1 and there would be a 1000/1 for every 2 12w6v2s)

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 585
Surface areia would play a big part in that. The more surface areia you have, the more air you are moving, resulting in more base.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 665
Yeah, just remember though, the JL's are only 13 inches, so I don't think 2 13w7's would have more surface area than 4 12w6v2's. If I were you in all honestly just get 2 13w7's with a 1000/1 to each, and build really nice ported boxes for them. I don't think your gonna need anything more than that. If sq is that big of an issue to you, then maybe the w6v2's would be better, but I know the w7's have excellent sq as well. All I gotta say is you are a very lucky man and can I have some money? :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
the 12's wont be able to keep up in spl but will have better sound quality. two 13 inch w7's is a bit much. not a daily driver type system. two w7's will be extremely loud

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 984
yup adam is right it will be pretty loud with a 1000/1 to each. In all honesty unless you have amoney tree in your back yard I would go for the w6v2's they sound very nice and really arnt that far behind the w7 in SPL either. For half the price their is no comparison at all. W6v2 all the way. 4 13w6v2's will be much louder then 2 13w7's and sound a whole lot better as well.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 587
4 12's will be louder than 2 13w7's.
Then agen, 2 13w7's is plenty loud, unless you just want to show off go with the 4 12's. Either way it is going to be nice.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3314
4 13W6v2s would outperform the two 13W7s due to sheer surface area benefit. No contest on that one. SQ is a subjective issue and should be chosen only by your ears.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 671
What about the 4 12W6v2's? He was originally looking at the 12's I think.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 987
the 4-12 w6v2's will out perform the 2 13w7's as well. Jonathan is right that the sound should be chosen by your ears only. Most people choose the w6v2 over the w7 in sq but thats just a majority not everyone.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3319
He said "maybe 13s" :-). A consideration worth taking anyway. 4 12s would still outperform the 2 13W7s in SPL. Sq is subjective, still.

Bronze Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 79
Question guys? What whould sound louder? 2 10W7's that do 500rms or 2 13w6v2's that do 500 rms also? Both setups whould be run of 2 jl 500/1's....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
im personaly running two 10 inch w7s with two 500/1 and i love them. i would assume the 13's would be deeper but the 10's will be punchier

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
factor in the space you'll be saving with the 10's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
So adam..how does the 10w7's sound with 2 500/1s that your running. i have been wondering? I mostly listen to rap and electronica. SOme rock. What do you think?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 597
The 13's will be louder as well. They will have a substantial:-) I'm trying to use big word's. They will have a lot more surface areia.

Anonymous

hey this is the guy that originally asked the questions about 4 12s(maybe 13)w6v2 or 2 13w7s ... and i think im deciding to go with the 2 13w7s because it will save me space... by making the box (im thinking sealed) to JL specifications... i will use around 19 inches from the back of the back seat leaving quite a bit of room left...(trunk of escalade 3rd row taken out) with 4 subs the box would be absolutely huge .... question though... when you change a boxes lengthes and keep the same net volume does that change anything ... im thinking yes but i am not too sure... help me out please... im sure i;ll have another question for you guys soon lol... thanks alot for the help though guys

okay already got one... 3 13w6vs might reduce size a lil from 4 ... about equal in spl to 2 13w7s? ... and does the 13 have about the same SQ as the 12w6v2 aka the best sounding woofer

if i can get them up i;ll try to show you guys my ideas for boxes i came up with 8-)

Anonymous

okay good news guys... i jus looked at the back of my truck... im willing to use 28inches from the back seat... no taller than the back seat(22inches) and the back of the truck is 48 inches wide... totals out to 16 sq feeet ... wow that sounds like a ton... i hope i did that right.. im getting an A in alg 2 honors...lol thats going to include box and amp racks...so i guess i could prolly work out 4 12s or 3 13s ... preferably 3 13s with a 500/1 each ... or what the heck 4 if i can lol ... i would like to do sealed boxes to save some room .... maybe think about ported witht the 13s if i can change the measurments and keep the volume...
... i;ll write back soon ima play around with my paint program 8-)

Anonymous

heres an idea if it works...

Anonymous

box 1 smallinized.JPG

Anonymous

im trying to get you guys a picture of my drawing but it wont let me...sorry... first it says i exceeded the dimensions of 600x600 so i srunk it... then it says the file was too large... im using paint... its not a 5 megapixel picture... any1 got any tips? ... it was saved in JPG ... should i use something else?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
in response to mo, my w7 10's sound good. every one i've shown likes the way they sound. when i turn it up for my friends they think i got a pair of 15's in my truck. the base hits clean and loud. i was considering going with two 13 inch w7's but because of the cost factor, and power consumption factor along with sound quality i decided to go with two 10's instead. from what i've been told by the installers at the shop, they say two 13's is to much, you really cant enjoy the music that loud. two 13's isent a daily driver type system. if you want to save money and go straight sound quality go with the 12 inch w6's

heres a link to my set up, this is also another great forum http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo_gallery_album.cfm?galleryid=533

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
thanks adam..your setup is very nice! Right now im running a JL sealed box with 2 12w6v2's but i think i may go with either 2 10w7's or 2 13w6v2's Just having a hard time deciding which one i will upgrade for at myeremco by my house. Help me decide adam?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1065
go with the 13w6v2's if you arnt happy with the 12w6v2's you wont be happy with 10w7's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Hey James have you actually heard 2 13w6v2's??

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 742
He has a 12w6v2.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1083
yes I have hear them what would you like to know.

I have been trying to go to bed for the last 30 min but I cant get off this damn computer. FU$K!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
I went ahead and ordered the 2 13w6v2's that come in the jl sealed box. What to expect james

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1130
you should be pleased. you never had your 12w6v2's hooked up to the 500/1's did you? didnt you have them to a phoenix gold 800.1 or something. If that is the case and you hook up the 13w6v2's to the 500/1 you will be very happy. What didnt you like about the 12w6v2's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
I never had my 12w6v2's hooked up to the 500/1's but instead to a PPI PCX 2200 which is 400x2@2ohms and 800x1@4ohms. I liked how it sounded toghether but i wanted to get the perfect match when i put in my 500/1 jl amps. I liked everything about the 12w6v2's. I just wanna be even more happy and get louder.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1154
like I said you will be happy.

Username: Botil4

Post Number: 4
Brand new JL 12W7 for $70 at www.mattscheapelectronics.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help