SVC or DVC for pioneer amp?

Derk
Unregistered guest
I have a GM-X862 760W amp. 175W rms @ 4 ohm * 2. 530W rms @ 4 ohm bridged. Can handle 2-8 ohms. This is a 2 channel amp with 2 25 amp fuses. I was wondering should I buy svc TS-W126C or a dvc TS-W126DVC. There within $5.00 of each other. The svc will give me 4 ohm and the dvc will give me 2 or 8 ohm. I like pioneer because of there value. I'm open to opinions and ideas. (looking to spend $80 shipped on a sub).

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 303
you can get the dvc. wire the coils in series that would leave each sub at a 8 ohm load, then put your wire in parrallel that will leave you at a 4 ohm load. Heres a link that will help you just use option 2 http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Derk
Unregistered guest
I'm only going with 1 sub though. That would work with 2. My amp will go done to 2 ohms anyway. What would be better 2, 4, or 8 ohms? Also what would happen if a amp was rated to go down to 2 ohms and the sub was wired for 1 ohm?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 54
if ur amp is 2 ohm stable, then run it at 2 ohms. more power for ur subs. dont go down to 1 ohm.

Derk
Unregistered guest
Thanks, I will go with the dvc.

What will happen if you do go under the stable ohm rating. Will it run the amp, sub, both, or what happens?

Derk
Unregistered guest
One more question:

What if you have a 8 ohm speaker and a 4 ohm speaker and wired them like this diagram, only one of them is 4 ohms instead of 8.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=SVC8

Bronze Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 55
well if you run the amp at 1 ohm, it will get really hot. you will problly fry it. its not even worth trying. 2 ohms will be fine. as far as a 8 ohm and a 4 ohm together, i dont know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us