Best SQ sub

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 84
i know alot of people ask whats the best spl sub, but whats the best sq sub?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 964
ID max is on the top of my list. JL w6v2,eclipse TI,Alpine type X,RExxx,Adire Brahma,OZ matrix Elite's, there are more but those are the top few that come to mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 43
ID Max and JL W6V2, can go either way, although i give a slight edege to tha W6V2, but as always, people will disagree.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 217
IDMAX all the way

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3317
Some that people don't talk about as much are the Dynaudio MW190s, they're not SPL oriented in any way, but are extremely accurate subs. Image Dynamics makes great subs, both the IDQs and ID Max are excellent. Eclipse Titaniums are great, Adire Audio Brahmas are excellent, JL Audio W6v2s and W7s are very good. Like James said, the Oz Audio Matrix sub is very good as well.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 988
yeah that OZ sub is very acurate. When I heard it I almost compared it to the old A/D/S 10's from about 10 years ago. Man those were the sub to have back then for ultimate SQ too bad they went down the tubes with Directed.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3321
Velodyne made a car audio sub that was servo controlled a while back. Was fantastic, people didn't bite on it though, I guess it didn't have enough distortion for them :-). The Oz subs are very, very good, I heard about one guy that was experimenting with it for a 2 way setup with horns, said that sub played up to 1khz beautifully.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 992
yeah I actually heard the same thing that they are capable of playing very high with great quality. I remember the Velodyne subs I wanted to try one so bad but by the time I got around to it they were gone. I heard great things about them when they first came out but they were kinda expensive at the time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us