Eclipse vs Alpine vs Alpine Vote!

Anonymous

The amp is a phoenix xenon 1200.1 which can put out 1200 rms watts at 4-1 ohms...

1) 2 eclipse 12" 7100 series subs.

2) 1 Alpine 12" type X

3) 2 Alpine 12" the new type R's the 1242's.

i want reasonable to good sound quality, something thats not gunna be the best in SQL but will get loud and i think most importantly i want something that will hit hard... the Box is going to be vented and in a chrysler sebring coupe... which would be the best match guys???

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 557
Go with the Eclipse first, then the new type R's.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 939
yeah I agree but if you want more SQ then SPL go with the Type X alone. The Eclipse's and typw r's are good subs also and will sound good and give you nice spl as well but the type X will sound the best with that amount of power. May I ask why you are limiting yourself to those subs?

Anonymous

well i love all alpine products, and am a fan ov eclipse's as well... not really a fan of audiobahn but am considering 2 alum Q 12's but the thing is i am only getting one 1200 rms amp. if u could find me something better than those i have listed id love to here what ur opinion is.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 948
well with that amount of power there are a few different routes you can go for ultimate SQL. You can go with REXXX 12 or 15, Adire Brahma 12,15-ID max 12-Eclipse TI 12 or 15, those will all yield better results then the alpine stuff. I highly dont recomend getting anything from Audiobahn.

Anonymous

would 600 to each (meaning 2) audiobahn alum Q 12" be not enough power??? because they apparently can handle 1000 RMS same as the X.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 952
I cant answer that question because I dont deal with Audiobahn I think they are trash.

fsdfsd
Unregistered guest
with the Re X.XX i like those but.... honestly... how long will the foam surround on that sub last?? i am kind of scared to get any subs with foam surround.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 953
I wouldnt worry about it. JL used foam surrounds as well it allows more flexing then rubber.

Anonymous

interesting...
1) where are RE sounds sold
2) the rms for a x.xx is 1600 and the amp i will get is only 1200... is that ok?
3) i need more info on the x.xx sub.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 136
go to www.reaudio.com. that's the site, you have to buy the sub directly through the company and the rating for the sub is thermal. My amp, an ed nine.1 only puts out 1200 watts and it sounds like a match made in heaven with my 15" X.X.X

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3313
"with the Re X.XX i like those but.... honestly... how long will the foam surround on that sub last?? i am kind of scared to get any subs with foam surround."
As long as your car isn't a leaking rustbucket, it'll be fine :-). Seriously, though, there are subs with foam surrounds that last an extremely long time. You needn't worry about that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us