What about Audiobahn?!

Username: Sencesync

Hoodsport, WA U.S.A

Post Number: 8
so far to what i have seen, Audiobahn is very nice. the looks are nice, though i could care less. but i personaly like the AW1508T 4,000watt 15" sub. i just saw a review not to long ago about people saying Audiobahn was crap and it was poorly made. parden me, but last i saw, a 900watt 10" from Audiobahn whooped the crap out of al the other subs in the room at the time, and that 900watt was the lowest wattage. Now tell me, what are your people thoughts on this and if you can tell me of a better/louder/4ohm operating/4,000watt and above subwoofer, then please let me know. i build DJ systems and car subwoofers is what i use BECAUSE OF THE FACT. they are louder and less expensive. thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 546
That 4000 watt rating, is it peak power. I'm guessing so.
People either love them, or hate them. Personally, I don't really hate them, I don't think they are half bad for the price. They have no sq though.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 923
exactly they have very poor SQ. If all you are after is SPL then they are fine because they do get loud but so does the Eclipse TI pro or the RE MT if you are looking for SPL. The problem with Audiobahn is that most people dont like the fact that one second their system works great and the next time you turn your car on it is fried. Its the unreliability of Audiobahn that turns me away. Like I said if SPL is all you want and cheap then get them but dont be surprised when you have to bring it in because you cooked it. I would just get a better line off the bat and you will have a lot less problems.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3294
"Audiobahn is very nice. the looks are nice, though i could care less."
You can't polish a turd, but you can chrome it.

"parden me, but last i saw, a 900watt 10" from Audiobahn whooped the crap out of al the other subs in the room at the time, and that 900watt was the lowest wattage."
Which room was that, the Circuit City sound room? Look at RMS power ratings, not peak power ratings as they're totally useless. If you're comparing a "900 watt Audiobahn 10" to other subs, I'd be willing to bet that the room you were in was full of nothing but cheap, low quality subs as Audiobahn loves to claim huge power ratings once they get into the mid-level stuff.

As far as subs that will spank the crap out of any of their subs, look into Digital Designs, Treo, Resonant Engineering (the MT), Adire Audio Brahma Extremes, there are numerous others. Audiobahn doesn't win serious SPL competitions, there's a reason for that.

As far as build quality, getting loud really doesn't say anything about build quality. Their high end stuff is pretty good, but not the best by far. Their lower end stuff is pretty bad as far as actual build quality of the drivers, SPL isn't great either for the amount of power required to get them there. Their engineering isn't anything spectacular either.

They're not the worst out there (like Sony, BOSS, etc.), but they're not the best either. If you like their stuff, go with it, but personally I feel there are much better subs out there.

Hoodsport, WA U.S.A

Post Number: 9
well im not realy worried That much about sound quality, i just need a High powered sub, just like this one for a DJ Low hitter. my PAs and what not dont even touch that kind of stuff. i figured mabey i could get the AW1508T, and yes 4,000 is its peak with a RMS of 2,000. and then wire it for 4ohm and build its max SPL box for the hardest and chest shattering kicks. dont care if it distorts a little because at the level hell its not gona matter, you cant hear it over the PAs. not only that i cant overpower it anyway, i have two Amps, both 3,600 Pyramid DJ amps. They work wounderful. so will the audiobahn 15" 4,000 work fine for what im looking for?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 550
Yes it will work, except for the part about putting 4000 watt's to it. Like you said, 4000 is it's peak. Most sub's,will blow, and I'm guessing that one will to
The 2000 watt's rms is what you go by. Rms means "constant power" or the amount of power the sub can handle constantly.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3297
As far as overpowering, underpowering a sub leads to subwoofer damage more than overpowering if you didn't know. Amplifier clipping sends DC voltage and extremely high distortion to the driver, you can fry the voice coils easily, remember that since you're doing a loud PA system.

Hoodsport, WA U.S.A

Post Number: 10
yes im aware of clipping. and i dont plan on puting 4,000watts to it, i know about peaks aswell. i use one of the amps to power the sub while the other powers the PAs. i havnt been able to test yet, but im pretty sure already that these amps i have realy arnt able to push 3,600 considering i have a 2,000 watt 12 hooked to one of my amps now and for some odd reason, i have actualy maxed the amps output on that sub and it hasnt blown. but anyway, thankyou. i always notice that normal DJ subwoofers or somewhat weak, so i figured instead of getting a sub that can only do mabey 800-1000watts RMS at a peack of 1500-2000. why dont i just get one that does 2000RMS and a peak of 4000 so thats what i did. and im puting it in its reccomended Max SPL box (4cuf with 2 4x11.25 ports). 30hz tuned at -3db and 35hz tuned at or above RMS)

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 556
Sound's good.
Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us