Help with 6 ohm dvc subs

Username: Speeddemonrt

Post Number: 1
hi i have 2 ma audio dual 6 ohm subs with 400w rms and 800w max and i'm looking for what would be the best way to run an amp to these speakers. i would like to used just one amp, either a 2 channel or mono. i need to know what would be the size amp i would need to run these subs if i was to wire them parallel, together or seperate. trying to find the cheapest way.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 891
your better off buying one more and getting a JBL 1200.1,or Kicker 1200.1 actually kicker I dont believe is 1 ohm stable. Go with the JBL BP 1200.1 or any amp that is 1200 watts that is worth buying will do you just fine. Thge reason I say go with 3 is because you will get either 4 ohms or 1 ohm mono. running two you get odd impedence levels but if you need to and you want to run two in parellel look for a amp thats stable at 1.5 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 312
probably a 2 ohm stable amp will handle 1.5 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 896
I know JL "slash" series are 1.5 ohm stable but I didnt even mention them because he said he wanted to do it cheap and cheap they are not. Try to find a Orion HCCA 250G4 or GS it would be perfect for two of them and you can find one for around $300
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us