Which subs are better? Kicker or Alpine

Username: Web

Southern Cal... U.S.A

Post Number: 2
Better harder hiting sub with some SQ in a ported enclosure.. better overall for the price and product..

Alpine Type-R SWR-1241D (2004 model / 300 rms / 1000 peak

Kicker Comp VR 05CVR124 (400 rms / 800 peak

Username: Thatboye18

Post Number: 6
i would go wit the kicker

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 804
I would go with Alpine.

Anonymous

The Type-R would have better SQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 34
Alpine, hit just as hard IMO, plus better SQ

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 72
id go with kicker. i dont like alpine. it gives off a feminine vibe.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 825
aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OK! I didnt know Alpine's had V@gina's. That doesnt say much for kicker when a feminine speaker is louder and sounds better. I guess its all opinion but just to let you know the comp vr's are they only good sub kicker makes.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 505
Lol James
Personally, I hate Kicker product's! They have always came across as cheep to me. Thats just me though.
Go with the alpine,
If a girly sub out perform's Kicker, then what is Kicker?

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 415
Go Alpine imo

lol james that was classic

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 601
Alpine. Just my opinion. I've had Alpine subs, speakers and a headunit, and everything has been great. Has anybody noticed Kicker is starting to become a little more like Audiobahn? I'm not saying their crappy, but go look at their newest subs with the grills on them. Kicker tries a little too hard to make their subs look flashy, and IMO they look kinda g@y.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 842
hahahahaha nice Joe!

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 604
Lol, I'm not even kidding. Go look at it. Their all spikey and stuff. What the heck, even though the Audiobahn DUB grills are lame, at least they can't kill you like the Kicker's.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 114
id just like to applaud Josh Walton.....**clap** **clap** ......for making the stupidest comment EVER...they look feminine???...what the h*ll is that supposed to mean??...would you f*ck your alpine subwoofer if you had one?...would you try picking up an alpine subwoofer at the bar??...do alpine subwoofers take 3 hours to get ready???...im not quite sure but if you would atleast like to post the "feminine" qualitys id love to amuse myself by reading what you have wrote.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3266
"Has anybody noticed Kicker is starting to become a little more like Audiobahn?"
More like a privately owned RF, but yep that seems to be the way they're heading. They still make great amplifiers, their subs aren't what they used to be though. Their speakers are good, but just not often talked about or anything that stands out.

Southern Cal... U.S.A

Post Number: 8
Well it seems there is a split board here.. Any other comments on the Kicker CVR or the Alpine R ?

Can either of those subs (2) 12" hit a 145 + db ?? ported with full or a little more rms going to each sub ?

Southern Cal... U.S.A

Post Number: 9
If I went with the kickers would this be a good amp?

kx850.2 - 850 watts rms x 1 bridged mono / 425 x 2 2 ohm

Also if I went with the Alpine's what would be a good amp? I would want something to push full or more rms..

By the way I have always loved the idea of having a good sounding and hard hitting system. I am on a budget of $850 for subs, enclosure, wiring, amp, install. This will be my first system and my wife says I am going through a middle aged crisis at 29.. I say "whatever".. Something I always wanted, never had growing up.. It's time..

Thanks for everyone's help, this forum has been a huge help during all of this.. Sometime's I might come off as asking a lot of questions.. but that is my confusion showing through.. I have learned a lot in the past couple weeks.. $hit I didn't even know the difference between a class D and A/B amp or what the hell a 800 rms x 1 2 ohm load meant.. now I do..

plus lot's of other useful things to know.. helps when you walk into a stereo place and they know they can't take you to the cleaners based on you sound somewhat educated on systems..

Thanks..

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 711
i got to look at a new comp vr, and the quality of the build on them has gone down. they look exactly like a round solobaric. the way they are glued doesnt look like it was made right. if i were to get kicker it would be the older ones, 04 and down. if the type r had a vagin.a i would buy one, and crank it up, i could just sit there while it did all the work!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 712
just got off the phone with alpine, and they are going to put a v.agina on the newest type r and they are going to change the to type p. this a revolutionary mark in car audio, you can now get a sub with a built in fefe.(fefe=pocket twat)(twat=va.gina)
they just said they are working out the "cleaning up part"

Southern Cal... U.S.A

Post Number: 10
*lol WTF I think I might have to hold off and pace the floors waiting for the new Type R's, hopefully they are coming 3/7/05

When I started all of this I was first looking at Audiobahn.. changed my mind after hearing some horror stories in my thread...

I like the Type R, but 300 rms .. kind of wanted a bit more to chew.. Am I right in possibly waiting?

So I thought of the kicker's.. They look okay.. a lot of good reviews.. it's always the bad ones that freak me out... especially when they are all the same.. "weird smells" "burning smells" burning voice coils at high volumes" Don't know ..??

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 128
they type r's will take more than 300 rms...i plan on running 1 mrd m501 to each of my type r's...ive seen that done beforeand it pounded. i have definitely never heard a $100 sub hit that hard EVER. with 600rms to the type r's im sure it would keep up with a shiva..as for the new type r's im sure they will be capable of handling up towards 1000watts...but ive never ran kicker so kicker might be able to do the same, just never heard of anybody putting that much to the comp vr. just my 2 cents.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 36
I agree rob, and Web, the new Type R's can take 500 rms so I am sure you could feed them up to 700 without having to worry at all. Go with the Type R's, you will be extermely happy with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us