Audiobahn Stories, Good or Bad! Why or Why not?

Web
Unregistered guest
I do not have enough verification with the company to say good or bad.. what do you say?

Why is it that Audiobahn has gotten such a bad rap? Is it just the people here on these forums? I have seen rave reviews on other sites where the product is sold..

Personally the most I have heard was a 800 rms (pair) 12" bandpass setup in a Circuit City one day running on 400 rms each on a 800 x 1 / 2 ohm. They sounded okay..

BUT

Something was missing.. was it the box, the room, the subs.. Maybe the more powerful ones are better... I heard bass and felt it too.. but the only sound (SQ/words))was mostly coming from the 2 small front speakers mounted on the other side of the room that were auto turned on when you play the bandpass box..

Why would say an Alpine Type "R" at 300 rms, or a Kicker Comp VR at 400 rms be better? Same or less RMS compared to the Audiobahn.. why the difference...

Just wanted to get to the bottom of this...

Is it because audiobahn sells to corporate retailers.. marketing the flame designs.. Are they to "Trendy" as to a more underground group such as "Adire Audio".. Is it "he who has the biggest booth at the car show losses?"

Are they corporate sellouts to make a buck?

Just some thoughts... Let's see what you all have to say... And I would really like to hear from anyone who has a successs story with audiobahn... Also the horror stories would be nice as well..

Let's have a debate..

Web

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 685
audiobahn stuff fails, my 8002t did. no abuse on it, it just stopped working. there subs also fall apart very fast if any type of stress is put on them, and im not down with the flames. they get a bad rap because thay mass produce everything, which gives them their high failure rate, delaers hate them because they push so much of there product on them and say they must sell it super fast, and because you can go on ebay and buy it cheaper then you could straight from a dealer. none of there subs have any sq, and the only on ethat would be worth buying would be the immortal, but those are pretty exspensive.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 464
I agree with hunter about the retail point. I'm an authorized Audiobahn dealer and my dealer cost isnt much more than 1 to 5 dollars less than buy it now prices on ebay. That makes it really hard to push a product at any store. We can tell the customer "Yes you can buy it cheaper online but if you buy hear you will have service and a warranty, and we'll give you a discount on labor for buying with us", but when it comes down to it the customer will only lose trust in you knowing he can buy it for nearly half the cost online.
So, thats my only beef with Audiobahn. I do however like thier products, the looks, the performance, and the low cost. However the build quality could be a little better, but that would raise the cost as well, so...?
I also believe that Audiobahn has made a ton of cheap lower end models that have given them a poor reputation. Of course it is those lower end models that keep a business booming so I understand the reason for having the low end.
Chrysler would lose tons of revenue without the Omni, oops, I mean the Neon. But keeping in mind they still offer the Viper.
Audiobahn has the equivalent, thee Immortal, a very good woofer.
so that was my spin on audiobahn........

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 346
Zac,

i agree w/ you...somewhat.

In my oppinion, Audiobahn just isnt up to par w/ some of the other brands out there (for the same price). Dont get me wrong...i dont completly and utterly HATE audiobahn, its just that i have had Audiobahn equipment let me down.

From what I have seen first hand, almost all of their lower end stuff is pretty much junk. (I went through 6 10's in like 3 months...in a daily driver install) And all of the Audiobahn subs i have messed w/ sounded really muddy...the SQ just wasnt there. (i havent messed w/ the soundQ series though...they may have better SQ.)

I know Audiobahns can get loud...but it just seems like it takes too much power to make them get loud.

Personnally, I just dont care for the company. There failure rate is WAY too high. But i would much rather have Audiobahn than i would Boss/Pyle/Sony. (i have even owned some boss stuff in the past...lol) All i can say is that Audiobahn (upper end stuff) is decent...not much more. The Immortal is the only exception, its an pretty good sub...but not a super good sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 16
http://shopping.msn.com/eshopframe.aspx?merchId=3031&catId=1661&u=http%3a%2f%2fw ww.cardomain.com%2fitem%2fABNAWIS15P%3fref%3dmsn2%26msnshopping%3d1

edward crutch
Unregistered guest
audiobahn subs rule!! I had mine installed for under a week. In that time I blew away (2)alpine type r,(2) sony explodes,and the pride and joy 10inch w7 had its a$$ hande to itself on a silver platter.Ihad to pop the trunk and show him it was a singl 10in flame q to get my moneyfrom the bet,he swore I had to have 2 12s in the trunk.

edward crutch
Unregistered guest
audiobahn subs rule!! I had mine installed for under a week. In that time I blew away (2)alpine type r,(2) sony explodes,and the pride and joy 10inch w7 had its a$$ hande to itself on a silver platter.Ihad to pop the trunk and show him it was a singl 10in flame q to get my moneyfrom the bet,he swore I had to have 2 12s in the trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 348
What you have to remember is that its not all about the equipment you use.

Its 80% install and 20% equipment. A good install can make ALL the difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 31
Edward, may I ask what sort of vehicle your system is in compared to the others you competed against?

As far as the Audiobahn quality topic goes, my opinion is this. It is all a matter of personal preference. Sure, Audiobahn stuff is mass produced, and has a high failure rate, but some people just don't care, and that is what keeps the business booming IMO. Some true Audiobahn haters will say that they are built to impress aesthetically but not performance wise, but hey, some people may prefer that their subs look cooler than they sound. I think unless you are a true audio enthusiast, Audiobahn is not a bad brand to go with. People who just want a little bump to their stereo probably don't care how many db they are hitting, and figure that for the money they want to spend on their system, they might as well get one with flashy looks too, and thats Audiobahn. But on the flipside, Audiobahn knows that there are a great number of people that DO care about how many db's they are hitting, etc., which is the reason they have the high quality subs they do. (i.e. the immortal.) The fact is that Audiobahn appeals to the daily driver, non audio enthusiast market, which they know is bigger than the extreme audio competition market. In the area I live in, I know many more people who just wanted a little bump then people who want a system that could hit 150 db's plus. As far as personal experience, I have never owned any Audiobahn products but a friend of mine had a Flame Q woofer and some Audiobahn amp and never had any problems with it, he simply got rid of them because he wanted an upgrade as he got more interested in audio.

So my final stance on Audiobahn is that if your just a normal person wanting to add a little something to your stereo, Audiobahn is by no means the best brand to go with, but nor is it the worst. However, if your looking for a heavy hitting, system to show off to people and have db battles with, I would stay away from it.

Just My Opinion

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 106
well said.....you pretty much covered exactly how i feel about it too..lol...kinda weird

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3259
From a business standpoint, they enforce strict sales quotas, wanting businesses to force their products down your throat so they can sell their equipment. Just walk into Circuit City and ask which subs you should get.

As far as the build quality, most of the subs you'll get from them in shops are the lower end rung of their equipment anyway, and will perform as such. They are fairly inefficient with the amount of power given IMO. When you choose budget sound equipment, your top priority needs to be to choose equipment that is built well, something that will last. For $80 you aren't getting a top SPL or SQ sub, this hobby requires money and that is a drawback of going the cheaper route. Audiobahns definately aren't the worst built subs out there, but they don't shine in that area either, and I feel they aren't built as well as other subs in the price range such as the Type R, Adire Audio Shiva, and Kicker Comp VR.

My final view on it is that it is all in what you're after. If you like the looks, the sound, and the price, go for it, we're not stopping you, you're just not going to see me recommend them as I've seen them fail and I don't think they're the best choice in their categories. I personally am a SQ oriented listener, so no they're not for me. I prefer SQ over SPL and rarely listen to my system at anything near deafening levels. I work in a noisy plant all day long, if I didn't wear earplugs my hearing would be total crap right now. Once I get off work I'm not really in the mood for huge loud music, I'm more ready to unwind and go have a Warsteiner :-). To quote Glasswolf, I really don't care if my subs look like a giant v*gina, as long as they perform.

MXC
Unregistered guest
A couple of you said the Immortal is a descent sub - how about the Eternal sub, Ive read good online reviews about it but I;d like to hear what all of you have to say

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 32
Well, I personally have not heard one, but I am guessing it would be just a notch below the Immortal, so I would say it is most likely just an above average subwoofer, but nothing special.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us